Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

North Korea just launched a sneak attack on the sea :o
██████
██████
██████

Liep

This is the 3rd time within a week they've stopped all train traffic on a station because of a suspicious package. Bah.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Had a couple of teeth out, not complaining about any pain, but damn the modern painkillers dentists use, seem designed to knock out a camel; I'd prefer some pain and less of this shitty feeling/numbness.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Hope you feel better quick! :hug:
Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2012, 07:51:15 AM
Had a couple of death out, not complaining about any pain, but damn the modern painkillers dentists use, seem designed to knock out a camel; I'd prefer some pain and less of this shitty feeling/numbness.   :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Apparently an Arabian couple got on a Malmø-bound train, left a package inside and left. "Did you put it in the correct position" - said the woman, "Yes." said the man.

Somewhere in Malmø a woman is waiting for a train wherein she expects a package will be in the 2nd wagon on the shelf to the right, as agreed upon with her Danish friends. I'm assuming.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Don't you guys have UPS or something? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

It was a car battery and windscreen wipers. And we do, but this is free. The massive fine they can expect probably exceeds the UPS bill though. :P

HVC

At least it wasn't a antique clock. A ticking box would be even more off putting :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

DGuller

What the world coming to, Arabs can't even leave packages with batteries unattended on the train.  :(

lustindarkness

Good batteries can be expensive, so can be good wipers.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

If they're skipping on postage I doubt they went high end :D

Syt

UPS sucks here in Austria. In the past years they only had two places to pick up packages if they missed you: on the far Southern outskirts, or at the airport (half an hour outside Vienna).

They've added more pick up shops it seems, but the one where they deposited my package recently was open Mo-Fr 9-6 (which I can't make due to work) and closed on Saturdays. When I noticed it was already too late to give an alternative delivery address and the package was on its return voyage.

All other (non-mail) package services drop off their deliveries at small shops, usually run by immigrants who won't speak your language besides "hi", "bye" and asking for ID, but at least they'll be open till 8pm and on weekends. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Mall shooting in Clackamas, Oregon.  Two dead.  Shooter offed himself.