Quote from: The Brain on March 28, 2012, 12:56:31 PM
Sweden sent plutonium to Amerikkka. :(
I hope they didn't use ICBM as a delivery vehicle. :unsure:

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 28, 2012, 01:07:21 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 28, 2012, 12:56:31 PM
Sweden sent plutonium to Amerikkka. :(
I hope they didn't use ICBM as a delivery vehicle. :unsure:

Probably not. Licensing for nuclear strikes is a bitch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Good news from Senegal.

The President Abdoulaye Wade had changed the constitution to allow Presidents to run for a third term and extended Presidential terms from 7 to 5 years.  It was starting to worry people as being a bit authoritarian.  They had an election.  Wade lost.  Everyone was worried he'd try to cling to power.  But he graciously conceded defeat and congratulated the new President who, in part, campaigned on returning to 5 year terms and a two-term limit.

Again Senegal's gone for fair, free elections and a peaceful transfer of power between two parties :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Just read an article in the NYT Sunday Magazine about super nannies making 180 large a year.

Ideologue

Working a straight eight at doc review blows.  I am resolved to show up to work before noon tomorrow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 28, 2012, 10:31:54 PM
Good news from Senegal.

The President Abdoulaye Wade had changed the constitution to allow Presidents to run for a third term and extended Presidential terms from 7 to 5 years.  It was starting to worry people as being a bit authoritarian.  They had an election.  Wade lost.  Everyone was worried he'd try to cling to power.  But he graciously conceded defeat and congratulated the new President who, in part, campaigned on returning to 5 year terms and a two-term limit.

Again Senegal's gone for fair, free elections and a peaceful transfer of power between two parties :)
Don't you mean from 5 to 7?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 28, 2012, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 28, 2012, 10:31:54 PM
Good news from Senegal.

Don't you mean from 5 to 7?
Yes.  Don't you think you should avoid pulling people up on typos? :P

I've found Ide's perfect candidate, in France admittedly.  Jean-Luc Melenchon of the Left Front as well as having the normal sorts of hard left politics, like a 20% increase in the minimum wage, supports a confiscatory 100% tax on income over €360 000 and a new constitution for a 'citizens' revolution' :mmm:

He's polling between 10-15%.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

What are his views on the Force de Frappe? :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on March 29, 2012, 12:44:56 AM
What are his views on the Force de Frappe? :hmm:
They're French, even if they are hard left.

From what I can see they oppose 'modernisation' of the nukes :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 29, 2012, 12:30:42 AM
Don't you think you should avoid pulling people up on typos? :P

This.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I have this pinched nerve kind of thing in my right index finger, from the time when I tried to play Paranoid on bass I guess. No examination and test can show there anything, so I figure this is here to stay. Except that it can HURT when bumped into something. God damn it can hurt. Not to mention how it broke my bass playing career into two, altough I am slowly learning to use a pick.

ANYWAY, I have been trying to find some kind of shield there. Trying to avoid having some custom jewelry-ish thing done. As I need the right side of the top joint covered.

That's how I bumped into armor rings. Oh boy, some of them could actually work, but, well, I would need something to wear all the time, and while I cannot deny I love some of them, it would be incredibly weird for me to wear such a thing in public. I mean, look at this thing of beauty:

So any other non-gay, non-radical ideas for a finger-shield? :P

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on March 29, 2012, 09:36:16 AM
So any other non-gay, non-radical ideas for a finger-shield? :P

Beets?

(I win!)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

How did you play Paranoid on a fish?  Anyway, does it have to be metal?  Can it be one of those leather finger guards?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2012, 04:18:42 PM
How did you play Paranoid on a fish? 

The fish needs to be frowning. All the time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers