News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 27, 2012, 11:21:11 PM
Wouldn't you want to be the emperor of race cars or rainbows instead?

Emperor of rainbows, really?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

The Emperor of Rainbows is rich with all that leprechaun gold.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

"The Rainbow Emperor" has a better ring to it.

DGuller

Juan Pablo Montoya has finally set the NASCAR world on fire.  :lmfao:

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2012, 09:36:20 PM
The government's families tsar or back-to-work tsar has just resigned over massive fraud (I think, I'm not really following the story).

Why do we only use the Russian version for this?  I think a Welfare Kaiser or a Poverty Caesar would work quite well :mellow:

Well you already have dukes and kings and stuff.  I think "Tycoon" has a similar meaning.  Maybe you can dust off the term "Raja"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I increasingly notice in my daily life I encounter two types of Japanese.
One, which is under 50, does not speak English. When faced with a foreigner they panic, mutter "No English" and fail at communication.
The other, which is over 50, does not speak English however is seemingly unaware of the fact that there are different languages in the world or that foreigners might not speak Japanese. They take their best guesses at what you're trying to say and keep communicating.

The second sort rules.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on February 28, 2012, 03:46:20 AM
I increasingly notice in my daily life I encounter two types of Japanese.
One, which is under 50, does not speak English. When faced with a foreigner they panic, mutter no English and fail at communication.
The other, which is over 50, does not speak English however is seemingly unaware of the fact that there are different languages in the world or that foreigners might not speak Japanese. They take their best guesses at what you're trying to say and keep communicating.

The second sort rules.

That's how a culturally confident people does it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

It is a golden age when you can order pizza from your iPad without any human contact whatsoever.

USA! USA!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Eh, I'm sure it's not a robot delivering it to you.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

I was promised no human contact whatsoever!  :mad:

Ed Anger

My sciatica says go fuck yourself.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Huh.... didn't see a soul, yet I'm eating pizza. Stupid fucks.