News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I like how spammers aren't even bothering with back stories anymore. Take  a look at this one I got:

Please open the attached document. It was scanned and sent
to you using a Xerox WorkCentre Pro.

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on February 13, 2012, 08:24:44 AM
I like how spammers aren't even bothering with back stories anymore. Take  a look at this one I got:

No one takes pride in their work any more.

In the role playing pics, what are the white objects in the upper right?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2012, 09:07:06 AM
Quote from: Josephus on February 13, 2012, 08:24:44 AM

No one takes pride in their work any more.

In the role playing pics, what are the white objects in the upper right?

Wii controllers.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

You know how with cold temps your car tires lose air pressure? Well, my front left seems to lose air all the time. I never find where from, I even tried the soapy water deal, no bubles anywhere.
Yet, my rear right tire has a big ass nail in it for the last couple of months, and does not lose any air.  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 13, 2012, 11:09:50 AM
You know how with cold temps your car tires lose air pressure? Well, my front left seems to lose air all the time. I never find where from, I even tried the soapy water deal, no bubles anywhere.
Yet, my rear right tire has a big ass nail in it for the last couple of months, and does not lose any air.  :hmm:

Switch to nitrogen.

DGuller

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 13, 2012, 11:09:50 AM
That's what my tire did all the time too.  It turns out it had two bubbles.

lustindarkness

Nitrogen? You buy into that? Well, what can I expect from a Jeep owner.  :P

I plan on getting new tires very soon, but still, it baffles me.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 13, 2012, 11:31:25 AM
Nitrogen? You buy into that? Well, what can I expect from a Jeep owner.  :P

:P Actually, it was my Caddy that sold me on it;  stopped seeing such wild temperature flucuation in my low profiles once I switched to nitrogen.

lustindarkness

Oh, I get the Jeep thing, and I understood it good enough to buy a Toyota. 

:P

And the nitrogen, I guess it would work for someone with a car who does never leaves the asphalt and does not air down tires.

Bah, too lazy to even troll the Jeepers.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Does Valentine's Day get really heavy handily marketed to ladies or something?  I mean all I ever wanted was to be in a relationship and get married so I am hardly some cynical dude but when I was single I didn't give a shit about Valentine's Day.  Yet I see all this internet angst about women feeling bad about themselves because they are single on V-Day and then spinning it like it is this terrible oppressive holiday designed to make them feel bad or some shit.  Are they constantly harrassed by vile Valentine's propaganda or something?

I am sure it is not just women but that is just who I have seen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

I don't think i ever see valentines day commercials or the like. At least not more then other card holidays like mothers day. I think it's just become a subconscious objective. Everyone knows what it is, and what you're supposed to do.

While guys joke about valentines day sucking (it does :P ) it's more guys in relationships who hate it rather then single guys. But it must suck being a single girl on valentines day. Everyone is loved but you seems to be the over all message.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on February 13, 2012, 12:50:38 PM
I don't think i ever see valentines day commercials or the like. At least not more then other card holidays like mothers day. I think it's just become a subconscious objective. Everyone knows what it is, and what you're supposed to do.

Here's your over-the-top, condescending, if-you-don't-buy-me-shit-you-don't-get-laid Valentine's Day commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWrJgFjxlS0

Give, and you shall receive?  Fuck you.

HVC

at work so i can't see, but is it more or less condescending then the De Beers commercials?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on February 13, 2012, 12:42:25 PM
Does Valentine's Day get really heavy handily marketed to ladies or something?  I mean all I ever wanted was to be in a relationship and get married so I am hardly some cynical dude but when I was single I didn't give a shit about Valentine's Day.

Well, aren't you special and so totally above it all?  PRICK.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)