EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

LaCroix

Quote from: Zanza on May 24, 2016, 01:19:46 PM
A piece on continent wide movement to the right:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/22/world/europe/europe-right-wing-austria-hungary.html

just glancing at the map, things don't seem that crazy. lots of the countries with current right-wing presence already had roughly similar right-wing tendencies at some point in time. countries like Czech/germany... eh, imo too early/small enough difference to tell if it's permanent. sweden,* finland, maybe britain are worrisome.

*black immigrant swede rape jokes have gone on for years and years, so I wonder why sweden only now slightly shifts right. :hmm:

The Brain

The established parties in Sweden are a freak show, so small wonder an alternative appeared. It's even more wackadoodle but whatchagonnado.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Yeah I mean, Hungary drifting to the far right... When was it NOT dritfing toward it (or gone full far right)? Ah that's right, when the communists killed everyone who was open about so drifting.

Legbiter

QuoteLondon mayor plans negative body image advert ban on Tube, buses and trains

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-36516378

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Why is that in the immigration thread?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Continuation of a discussion on him a few pages back.

Martinus

Quote from: Legbiter on June 14, 2016, 08:17:37 AM
QuoteLondon mayor plans negative body image advert ban on Tube, buses and trains

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-36516378

Well, to be fair, there isn't really that much difference these days between views of radical islamists and third wave feminists, so he could be coming at it from either angle. :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 14, 2016, 01:37:40 PM
Good.

Seems rather arbitrary. How are advertisers supposed to know if their advert satisfies this completely arbitrary and bizarre requirement? Make sure they bribe the right officials probably.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on June 14, 2016, 01:19:57 PMWell, to be fair, there isn't really that much difference these days between views of radical islamists and third wave feminists, so he could be coming at it from either angle. :P

Yes. The progressive left and Islam is a match made in heaven apparently. What a time to be alive, reality is more Houellebecq than the man himself.

Legbiter

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on May 18, 2016, 02:10:53 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 18, 2016, 02:08:49 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on May 18, 2016, 02:06:25 PM
I'm all for killing jihadists, but who exactly should we exterminate? Just the actual jihadists fighting for Daesh? Their families? The imams whose speeches inspire them? Anyone who ever listens to Islamist ideology and does not immediately disagree? Some of these options are pretty Hitler. And of course, the war on terror has worked SO WELL.

Jihadists should be the only targets, though some collateral damage is inevitable.

Aren't they already? Clearly, it is not working so well since terrorism is still happening and people keep joining their ranks.

I would contest that conclusion.

How do you know it is "not working"?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

I don't get the arbitrariness here. TFL provides advertising space. They've got a publicly available policy which lists their standards. The mayor's added one which was in his manifesto and that of every other Labour party candidate.

And I had no idea this was a Muslim issue because I just remember every girl I know (and most guys too) were passed off about this issue when that ad ran last year.
Let's bomb Russia!