Are Republicans really nasty bad losers on all things?

Started by Martinus, February 10, 2015, 01:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 01:18:04 PM
(mainly foreign policy issues, such as "reset with Russia"

American Presidents have this pathological belief that Russia can be trusted and worked with going back to Roosevelt and Stalin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I think it's more like Russia is an enemy we're really prefer not to have.  It does seem FDR really liked Stalin for some strange reason though.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

In fact, you could say that on those issues that this administration was initially wrong (mainly foreign policy issues, such as "reset with Russia", withdrawal from Europe, naive policy towards Middle East/Muslim countries), Obama has done quite an impressive U-turn over the last 3-4 years, aligning himself closer with the Republican stances. On everything else (taxes, healthcare, reproductive rights, gay rights, immigration, climate change, regulation) Democrats have been consistently right and Republicans have been consistently wrong.

:hmm:

Of course, Obama was against gay marriage. When Obama first debuted all he gave gays was a rainbow colored Obama symbol.

*Notwithstanding Axelrod's true confession that Obama was really just bullshitting when he was against gay marriage.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2015, 02:00:48 PM
In fact, you could say that on those issues that this administration was initially wrong (mainly foreign policy issues, such as "reset with Russia", withdrawal from Europe, naive policy towards Middle East/Muslim countries), Obama has done quite an impressive U-turn over the last 3-4 years, aligning himself closer with the Republican stances. On everything else (taxes, healthcare, reproductive rights, gay rights, immigration, climate change, regulation) Democrats have been consistently right and Republicans have been consistently wrong.

:hmm:

Of course, Obama was against gay marriage. When Obama first debuted all he gave gays was a rainbow colored Obama symbol.

*Notwithstanding Axelrod's true confession that Obama was really just bullshitting when he was against gay marriage.

But that's my point, really. Democrats may have been wrong on some issues, but it has never been the case where Democrats were wrong and Republicans right.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Well, in the 3 issues that are important to me the democrats have always been wrong and the constitutional conservative wing of the republicans have always been right:
1- Liberty/freedom
2- Free market economy
3- small gubmint

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Maybe you should aknowledge that the americani parties have diferent wings with sometimes contradictory views on policy.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2015, 01:40:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 01:33:29 PM
Closer to 6-7%. And they have families and friends. I tell my parents how to vote.

Do you at least buy them new shoes at election time?

:lol:

For anyone keeping score, she took it easy on me last November and picked out a relatively inexpensive pair of J. Crew wedge shoes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on February 10, 2015, 02:32:53 PM
Well, in the 3 issues that are important to me the democrats have always been wrong and the constitutional conservative wing of the republicans have always been right:
1- Liberty/freedom -except for things they don't like, like respect for beliefs of anyone who's not a Christian
2- Free market economy -because if it's not an illegal business practice, it's just maximizing profits
3- small gubmint -because hiring private-sector cronies to do the same job just puts more money in everyone's pocket

FTFY.
Experience bij!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Siege on February 10, 2015, 01:26:26 PM
Gays are only 1.5% of the population.
Even if this were true, you're more likely to meet a gay person than a current member of the military.  Their percentage is down to less than 1%.  Since there's so few of them, maybe they should be discriminated against?  What do you think?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
My knowledge about these things is taken from TES, who is a practicing US lawyer. So I would value his knowledge of US law to that of grumbler or in fact pretty much everyone on this board except for Joan and AmScip.

:glare:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 10, 2015, 03:49:30 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
My knowledge about these things is taken from TES, who is a practicing US lawyer. So I would value his knowledge of US law to that of grumbler or in fact pretty much everyone on this board except for Joan and AmScip.

:glare:
I keep confusing you with Sheilbh. :hug:

Martinus

I like that Alabama's first legally married gay couples are black lesbians. History is one ironic bitch. :D

Valmy

I don't get the irony.  Alabama was always fine with black people marrying each other.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."