Are Republicans really nasty bad losers on all things?

Started by Martinus, February 10, 2015, 01:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on February 10, 2015, 07:19:18 PM
The Elegant Sophist.

Ah.  I never knew him to post by the name "TES."  Is "he" the one who is "her" now?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

It's a sign you're* winning Marti. Stop caring.

*LGB, not T. Still much work there.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on February 10, 2015, 07:20:50 PM
The Elegant Sophist.

Ah.  I never knew him to post by the name "TES."  Is "he" the one who is "her" now?

No that is Buddha Rhubarb.  TES is all man baby.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 10, 2015, 07:21:56 PM
It's a sign you're* winning Marti. Stop caring.

*LGB, not T. Still much work there.

Oh dear.  What do the T need?  They can get married now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2015, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: grumbler on February 10, 2015, 07:20:50 PM
The Elegant Sophist.

No that is Buddha Rhubarb.  TES is all man baby.

Danke.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

I often wonder how things went for Buddha.  I hope it all worked out for her.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 10, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

Seems like she is doing pretty well.  At least so far as I can tell on Facebook.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2015, 07:30:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 10, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

Seems like she is doing pretty well.  At least so far as I can tell on Facebook.

Ah good.  :)

Caliga

She seems to be doing ok.  A bunch of us are friended with her on FB... she just started a new job.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on February 10, 2015, 02:32:53 PM
Well, in the 3 issues that are important to me the democrats have always been wrong and the constitutional conservative wing of the republicans have always been right:
1- Liberty/freedom
2- Free market economy
3- small gubmint

Hey, you never answered my question about freedoms you support.  Are you for completly opening the border and allow free immigration to the US?  What about Israel?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

What Martinus is taking issue with isn't the Republican Party, but the American South, or at the very least its white subelement that wields the most significant power.

The South looking horrible in the eyes of the world due to its domestic practices and reactionary legislation is of course not a new phenomenon.

This particular one is one of the numerous issues I am a cross-purposes with the vast majority of the Southern public- I think civil unions are alright, and all else being equal, i'd support them. But given that is an issue in which the North is compelling its will and overriding the sovereignty of the besieged South, I'd be uncomfortable taking a position for or against the present state of affairs.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

dps

Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2015, 02:00:48 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 10, 2015, 01:18:04 PM
In fact, you could say that on those issues that this administration was initially wrong (mainly foreign policy issues, such as "reset with Russia", withdrawal from Europe, naive policy towards Middle East/Muslim countries), Obama has done quite an impressive U-turn over the last 3-4 years, aligning himself closer with the Republican stances. On everything else (taxes, healthcare, reproductive rights, gay rights, immigration, climate change, regulation) Democrats have been consistently right and Republicans have been consistently wrong.

:hmm:

Of course, Obama was against gay marriage. When Obama first debuted all he gave gays was a rainbow colored Obama symbol.

*Notwithstanding Axelrod's true confession that Obama was really just bullshitting when he was against gay marriage.

But that's my point, really. Democrats may have been wrong on some issues, but it has never been the case where Democrats were wrong and Republicans right.

Sure there have.  For example (a relatively minor issue, I suppose), the 55 MPH speed limit.

And when it comes to immigration, I don't see how anyone knowledgeable about the issue can say that one party has been consistently wrong and the other consistently right, because neither party has had a consistent position.