News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

11 dead in French satirical magazine shooting

Started by Brazen, January 07, 2015, 06:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Martinus on January 19, 2015, 08:57:24 AM
I cant be arsed but surprised noone is reporting the outburst of "Muslim street" protests against Charlie Hebdo in Africa and Middle East. Kinda explains why they don't care about Boko Haram.

I did, but all it got was a "Niger, please".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Oh I missed that, sorry. I wonder whether this is also work of extremists and has nothing to do with "moderate Muslims".

Grey Fox

I cant be arsed but surprised noone is reporting the outburst of "Muslim street" protests against Charlie Hebdo in Africa and Middle East. Kinda explains why they don't care about Boko Haram.

:huh:

How is it a surprise they are angry? We keep, as rightfully our right, insulting their beloved prophet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

I had a colleague today who asked if he could display the Charlie Hebdo front page in the front window of his train. I hope he gets fired.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on January 19, 2015, 12:01:20 PM
I had a colleague today who asked if he could display the Charlie Hebdo front page in the front window of his train. I hope he gets fired.

I hope that when he comes back to gun down your work HQ, you are safe and sound.

Liep

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 19, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 19, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

I hope that when he comes back to gun down your work HQ, you are safe and sound.

Why thank you, that's sweet and reassuring.

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 19, 2015, 11:23:06 AM

How is it a surprise they are angry? We keep, as rightfully our right, insulting their beloved prophet.

You'd think that they would be more concerned about stuff like ISIL or Boko Haram.

Also, the Pope has made comments actually saying that violence in response to "insults" is permitted. So much for a cool Pope.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on January 19, 2015, 09:36:45 AM
Yeah, a much better solution from the legal perspective would be to deprive them of public rights (such as voting rights) for their life times.

The conservatives indeed suggested reestablishing the "indignité nationale" sanction (used against collabos after 44-45) and the PS, in a dramatic advance, said it was ok to discuss it.
http://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2015/01/15/l-ump-veut-retablir-une-mesure-d-indignite-nationale-pour-les-terroristes_4557066_823448.html
What will be actually done remains to be seen, of course.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on January 19, 2015, 01:12:11 PM

You'd think that they would be more concerned about stuff like ISIL or Boko Haram.

Also, the Pope has made comments actually saying that violence in response to "insults" is permitted. So much for a cool Pope.

Boko Haram doesn't go around killing westerners in Paris.

Razgovory

He doesn't hate the people I hate!  The monster!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 19, 2015, 01:48:08 PM

Boko Haram doesn't go around killing westerners in Paris.

he's talking about the mooslimbs in places where Boko Haram and IS are killing people (but obviously not the exact same places lest there be a lot more dead) not protesting against that slaughter. It's as if some frechman drawing a mohammed-cartoon is far worse to them than their fellow muslims killing 1000s.

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 19, 2015, 04:31:55 PM
he's talking about the mooslimbs in places where Boko Haram and IS are killing people (but obviously not the exact same places lest there be a lot more dead) not protesting against that slaughter. It's as if some frechman drawing a mohammed-cartoon is far worse to them than their fellow muslims killing 1000s.

what is the survival rate of those who protest against IS or Boko Haram in places where they are actively killing non followers?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Good grief.  He's the head of one of the world's major religious denominations.  Of course he's going to say it's not nice to insult others' faiths.  The fuck you'd think he'd say,  the joke about two Jews and a Muslim who walk into a bar?

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

That's a response to insults; he said not to be insulting in the first place.