NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2015, 04:02:22 PM
Poor Bengals.  So snakebit.

I was wondering which Bengals were going to show up, but then I realized it doesn't really matter. 

I really like Marvin Lewis, but one of these days they're just going to have to go in a different direction.   I can appreciate coaching stability, but stale is stale is stale.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 04:11:33 PM

I was wondering which Bengals were going to show up, but then I realized it doesn't really matter. 

I really like Marvin Lewis, but one of these days they're just going to have to go in a different direction.   I can appreciate coaching stability, but stale is stale is stale.

Dont know how fair it is to expect much more with dalton as the qb.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on January 04, 2015, 04:23:17 PM
Dont know how fair it is to expect much more with dalton as the qb.

I think it's a little unfair for Dalton to play without his top two passing weapons, but you have to adjust for that.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 04:11:33 PM

The problem is that Lewis always has an excuse, and that excuse is usually that the Steelers injured his most important player.  This year it was AJ Green.  Once upon a time it was Carson Palmer.

It's hard to abandon 'almost good enough' and step into the unknown.  It's awfully risky trying to find the next Tomlin/Harbaugh. 

In other news, I love the fight in Matt Stafford.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2015, 05:04:45 PM
In other news, I love the fight in Matt Stafford.

He's awesome.  He knows he's a gunslinger, and he has the balls to go along with that arm.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 04, 2015, 04:24:06 PM
I'm tired of this bullshit.

Life is hard with your college team playing for the national title and you nfl team only getting to the first round of the playoffs.  :(

It could be worse though. Like say your college team was coached by a sandusky protege and was 6-7 with a disintegrating recruiting class and the only time your nfl team registered nationally this millennium was due to a bullying scandal.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Neil

99 1/2 yard touchdown drive.  Reggie Bush is having to make four cuts before he hits the line of scrimmage, but he's good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

The NFL didn't give up that 3rd down TD pass just now.  That was all Lions.

alfred russel

The Lions thought they could beat the NFL by getting Suh's suspension overturned? LOL. They won the battle and lost the war.

katmai

MadBurgerMaker

That's because I'm not.  Are you out of your mind?  I'm a Houston football fan. 

katmai