NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I'm also not IN Houston, but in one of the primary markets of the Cowboys, meaning I'm surrounded by their fuckhead fans. 

Detroit still gave up that TD pass.

E:  Haha nice they got a first down out of that mess

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 07:30:36 PM
The NFL didn't give up that 3rd down TD pass just now.  That was all Lions.
But they did move them down the field with a number of suspect first down penalties, and they did kill the Lions drive by the bizarre picking up of a flag.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Probably actually noticed that Pettigrew's hands were all up in that LB's facemask.  Detroit then pulled a bitch move and didn't go for it on 4th and 1 inside Dallas territory, THEN their punter shanked the shit out of it, which resulted in pretty much the same (or better) field position for the Cowboys than if they had gone for it and didn't make it.

Detroit Lions football.

E: And for all the bullshit, they can STILL win it.

Neil

The cowardice was vintage Caldwell, but that was exactly the way they've called interference all year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2015, 07:41:15 PM
The cowardice was vintage Caldwell, but that was exactly the way they've called interference all year.

Easily could have been OPI.  It still didn't give Dallas any points. 

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 07:39:12 PM
Probably actually noticed that Pettigrew's hands were all up in that LB's facemask.

What?  :lol:

Gee I wonder why Pettigrew's hands might have been on the defender's facemask? 

If the defender looked back to play the ball his facemask wouldn't have been anywhere near Pettigrew's hands.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 04, 2015, 07:41:15 PM

Easily could have been OPI.  It still didn't give Dallas any points.

OPI?  :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

I guess a facemask on Pettigrew would work too.  Your choice.  Why do you think that LB was knocking the hand away? 

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Well, this is a dark day for the legitimacy of football as a sport.

Also, MBM is decisively proven wrong by the video evidence. 

MadBurgerMaker

LOL you can see his hand in the LBs face right there at the beginning of the gif.  Don't grab the facemask, won't be a problem.

E:

And there it is.  The LB then knocked Pettigrew's hand off his face.

alfred russel

Chris Christie is a douchebag. If he runs for president footage of him jumping up and down trying to group hug Jerry Jones could be the most effective political ad since Johnson's Daisy ad against Goldwater.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 07:49:33 PM
Why was Christie even there?

Goodall told him "Chris, you have to learn how to effectively fuck over your opponents. That traffic jam? Amateurish. Fly out to Dallas, I'll put you in the booth with Jerry, and watch how it is done."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 07:47:29 PM
LOL you can see his hand in the LBs face right there at the beginning of the gif.  Don't grab the facemask, won't be a problem.

What part of the defender has to be playing the ball are you having difficulty grasping?