Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

CBS correspondent in Kyiv: "But this isn't a place, with all due respect, uhm ... you know, like Iraq or Afghanistan that has seen conflict raging for decades. You know, this is a relatively civilized, relatively European  - I have to choose those words carefully too - city, where you wouldn't expect that."

Video: https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1497607326487826435?s=20&t=k4fcvJYLv0WTUe1AjJ1cSA

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on February 26, 2022, 04:09:37 PM
CBS correspondent in Kyiv: "But this isn't a place, with all due respect, uhm ... you know, like Iraq or Afghanistan that has seen conflict raging for decades. You know, this is a relatively civilized, relatively European  - I have to choose those words carefully too - city, where you wouldn't expect that."

Video: https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1497607326487826435?s=20&t=k4fcvJYLv0WTUe1AjJ1cSA

:wacko:  That was a surprisingly honest, and absolutely terrible train of thought to engage in on live TV.

Zanza

He will be amazed when he hears about the two World Wars.

celedhring

The Ukrainians claim to have killed a Chechen warlord.

QuoteIllia Ponomarenko@IAPonomarenko
Magomed Tushayev, one of Ramzan Kadyrov's top warlords, has been killed in action in Hostomel.
🇺🇦Ukraine's elite Alpha Group is reportedly fighting Chechens in the airfield.

Syt

Impossible. Russia says there have been so far no losses of men or material :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Reports that all EU member states are willing to close their airspace.

Edit: Really hoped the unsanctioned Russian elite made heavy use of Swiss banks' vaults :lol: <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on February 26, 2022, 04:15:47 PM

Chechens probably don't count as either for them.

Syt

From CNN:

QuoteUkraine closes borders to Russia and Belarus
From CNN's Sebastian Shukla in Kyiv

Ukraine is closing its borders to Russia and Belarus, Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal announced Saturday evening.

In a video statement posted on Telegram, Shmyhal said beginning Monday, February 28, only Ukrainian citizens will be allowed to cross from Russia and Belarus into Ukraine.

Err ... :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2022, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 26, 2022, 04:15:47 PM

Chechens probably don't count as either for them.

Non-Kadyrovtsi Chechens maybe.

Sheilbh

Seen this image reported by Ukrainian and Russian sources - though I don't believe it's been verified. But paratroopers landing in south-western Kyiv tonight. It feels like every day Russia is airdropping troops into heavily defended areas without much support and I don't get it:

There are instructions to Kyiv to expect very heavy air raids/bombardment tonight.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Tamas

There's been a communication that people may have seen smoke from AAA fire instead of paratroopers.

DGuller

Well done on that.