News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

But Yi is right, Spain's defense seems far from optimal. Could be the absence of the long-haired centre back.whose name I can't remember right now? And Diego Costa seems out of the mechanisms of the squad.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Puyol? Yeah, he was solid when he was younger.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Hansmeister

Wow, just wow, Spain is being dismantled. And that by a Dutch team that has only two exceptional players.

Pedrito

:huh:  ...and my pool predictions become rubbish.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Liep

If it was Brazil the goalie would've gotten a free kick.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Somewhere in my building must be Spain fans. Cheering at the 1-0. Groaning at the 1-1. More groaning at 1-2. Now silence at 1-3. ^_^

(Though it could be from the pub across the yard (they sometimes leave their back door open).

Austrians will usually root for Brazil, Italy, or Spain, and any team that Germany is playing against.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

These are weird games and weird refs today, btw.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 03:26:23 PM
Puyol? Yeah, he was solid when he was younger.
Yes, him. It seems that he gave more balance and timing to.the defense line.
And now a disallowed goal for Spain, well this game is well worth watching it.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 13, 2014, 03:20:13 PM
Man, ESPN's score graphics suck. white on light blue?

:thumbsdown:  It's worse than genocide.

Did you guys think that was a fair third Dutch goal, good no call on van Persie and the goalie?

Viking

Quote from: Pedrito on June 13, 2014, 03:28:09 PM
  :huh:  ...and my pool predictions become rubbish.

L.

Don't worry, I don't think many people got this one right.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 13, 2014, 03:20:13 PM
Man, ESPN's score graphics suck. white on light blue?

:thumbsdown:  It's worse than genocide.

Did you guys think that was a fair third Dutch goal, good no call on van Persie and the goalie?

It was a badly timed jump from Casillas, but it could've been called.

FunkMonk

This is shaping up to be a really tasty tournament  :mmm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Casillas
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zanza

Wow, Casillas.

End of an era? This could be the end of one of the best teams the world has ever seen.

Liep