News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on June 13, 2014, 11:48:49 AM
It won't happen, but they should really merge CONCACAF and CONMEBOL qualifying. Besides preventing truly awful teams like this Mexico from qualifying, the US would also play better opposition instead of all the crap in CONCACAF, which would benefit them in the long run.

You really don't want to see any team but the US ever qualifying from NA then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

How did he miss that. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
They didn't. It's New Zealand that dropped the ball.

Yes I know they made the playoff but when was the last time the Oceania team beat the CONCACAF team?  It was basically assured.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on June 13, 2014, 11:30:35 AM
Playground-level football this.

You yanks should have never gifted Mexico the chance to be here.

It's still much easier on the eye than many games I watched in the 80s where the ball was passed endlessly in midfield, then back to the defense, then back to the goalie who picked it up, wasted a couple more seconds, rinse/repeat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Didn't Mexico have a decent team a few years ago?  What happened?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2014, 12:00:26 PM

Yes I know they made the playoff but when was the last time the Oceania team beat the CONCACAF team?  It was basically assured.

It has never happen but it only has happened twice. T&T vs Bahrain for the 2006 WC is the other match up.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 13, 2014, 12:10:19 PM
Didn't Mexico have a decent team a few years ago?  What happened?

Mexican footballers found more lucrative employment with the drug gangs?  No idea but they have been horrible for years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2014, 12:00:26 PM

It has never happen but it only has happened twice. T&T vs Bahrain for the 2006 WC is the other match up.

Oceania is the only confederation that is even more of a joke than ours.

Grey Fox

We should merge with them.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 12:13:40 PM
We should merge with them.

I think we have enough crappy island nations and Euro colonies as it is.

FunkMonk

Cameroon: One of the few teams worse than Mexico
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Best thing from the first two games: the freekick spray.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

Croatia doing well despite almost being knocked out by Iceland. Yet again we are reminded how far ahead Europe is.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 01:01:16 PM
Best thing from the first two games: the freekick spray.

Yes, that's a good idea actually being implemented. I'm shocked.

Liep

Fortunately Costa failed, the entire stadium would've rioted right there.