News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Oregon's uniforms have very little to do with any fans.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on September 05, 2014, 12:16:21 PM
Oregon's uniforms have very little to do with any fans.

AR seems to disagree.  In fact, he thinks that college football "is all about shiny flashy new things."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Yes, and as the leaves turn to bear witness as a harbinger of another college football season, so does Dorsey4Sociopath talking out his ass and shitting up the college ball thread.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2014, 12:13:50 PM
Meh.  The flashy stuff catches the eye of the lightweights, and I am willing to allow the lightweights to be astonished and entertained by the way Oregon changes its uniforms more frequently than its underwear.  For the most part, there are enough decent teams with the right priorities to support all the serious fans there are.

I also don't like where the game seems to be headed.  I'll still watch, just less enthusiastically.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2014, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2014, 12:13:50 PM
Meh.  The flashy stuff catches the eye of the lightweights, and I am willing to allow the lightweights to be astonished and entertained by the way Oregon changes its uniforms more frequently than its underwear.  For the most part, there are enough decent teams with the right priorities to support all the serious fans there are.

I also don't like where the game seems to be headed.  I'll still watch, just less enthusiastically.

Oh, I agree absolutely that major college football is going down the wrong path.  I think a lot of that will be corrected, though, now that the O'Bannon case has been so-well-decided, and the Big 5 are getting more autonomy.  Plus, Dave Brandon has got to step down someday.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 02:34:26 PM
Yes, and as the leaves turn to bear witness as a harbinger of another college football season, so does Dorsey4Sociopath talking out his ass and shitting up the college ball thread.

Here's one just for you and me.  No Timmay clicks, please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acrHCbpRnw

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

You know he clicked it.  :mad:

F'ing Desmond Howard.  What, no Earnest Byner fumble highlights available for that extra special torture?

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 05, 2014, 11:41:42 AM
Not really. College football these days is all about shiny flashy new things that catch the eye of recruits. Ohio State - ND will probably pull a higher rating than the 95th edition of Michigan - ND, and that buzz matters more than what the hardcore fans think.

Not really.  The UM-ND game was the fourth-most-watched regular season game on TV last year.    When ND played OSU last time 'round (during a scheduled interregnum in the UM-ND series), the TV draw wasn't nearly as good.  Facts trump uninformed guesses.

Well yeah, it was a primetime game between two of the most popular teams in the country, one of which was coming off a title game appearance. Both were thought to be contenders. It even had some shiny newness to it with a rare bighouse night game and brady hoke trash talk.

I'd rather nd keep playing michigan rather than ohio state, and not wear stupid random uniforms and helmets, and not do things like play washington state in texas. But that isnt where the sport is. Notice that msu oregon is getting the gameday treatment this week while an arguably more important game with history (usc stanford) isnt. (Though a lot goes into that)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 06:46:01 PM
You know he clicked it.  :mad:

F'ing Desmond Howard.  What, no Earnest Byner fumble highlights available for that extra special torture?

F'in' Desmond Howard?  What about Rocket Ishmail?  Fucker defeated a dominant Michigan team all by himself.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Never been much of a Michigan State fan, but I hope they punch the Ducks right in the quackers.

sbr

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2014, 11:05:48 AM
Never been much of a Michigan State fan, but I hope they punch the Ducks right in the quackers.

I'll really be interested to see how Oregon works against that MSU defense.  MSU may not have the best players, but that defense is something else.  Coaching, coaching, coaching.  And I hate State.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

There's a big debate on the Michigan forums about whether or not it is "treason" to hope that MSU defeats Oregon.  To me, this isn't even a possibility.  It clearly benefits Michigan, as a member of the Big Ten, to see the Big Ten look as strong as possible against non-conference foes, because there is a (small) chance that Michigan wins the Big Ten this year, and thus end up in consideration for the playoff.  One of the Big 5 conference champs will end up outside the playoffs looking in.  I'd prefer that not be my team.

Yeah, Sparty is a major asshole and their forums are a cesspool.  Yeah, Sparty would rather see Sparty lose than Michigan benefit (fans of theirs have already said that they'd rather lose to Oregon than see Michigan go to the playoffs on the back of a Sparty win).  But, Sparty's gonna Spart.  The Big Ten does look bad again this year (Penn State required a superhuman play to beat Div 1AA McNeese State, FFS).  It (and Michigan fans) actually needs Sparty to win, even if in-state Michigan fans have to listen to Sparty crow for a few weeks before Michigan beats them.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Best thing ever:  a combo of the extremely rare cop facepalm, plus Buckeyes being Buckeyes:

"This is my handle, this is my spout"

Bayraktar!

katmai

No idea how to gauge this Washington team. Leading 59-52 vs #2 team in FCS E. Washington.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son