Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? NFL Playoff thread.

Started by katmai, January 03, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

He can throw the ball fine if it's on a line.  Any kind of lofted ball he's lucky if he gets the same area code. 

Hose, have you seen the Niners throw a single fade all season?

Dude is fast as shit though.  That last run that that sealed it he ran right past a backer that was spying him.

Alcibiades

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2014, 08:00:13 PM
He has no problems beating the Packers :)

Packers have no run defense.... at all...  They almost lost to the bears last week.   :lol:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Yip,

Except for the national sunday and monday night games I don't get to see them much, I have to suffer with Seahawks games up here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2014, 08:54:02 PM
Yip,

Except for the national sunday and monday night games I don't get to see them much, I have to suffer with Seahawks games up here.

:hug:  I'm so sorry, I am in the same boat down here.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 05, 2014, 08:35:03 PM
Packers have no run defense.... at all...  They almost lost to the bears last week.   :lol:

Dom Capers seriously needs to go.  This entire season has been a disaster for their defense: injury after injury, sluggish reaction after sluggish reaction.

Of course, this game started with the Packers being retarded.  I think it was, what, the Packers' third possession before Rodgers even attempted a pocket pass?  Running plays over and over again, even though they were hitting brick walls on the Niners.

Either way, de facto father-in-law had a good point at the end of the game: they're so banged up, it would actually have been painful to watch them go on.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 10:42:48 AM
It's almost time for the Andy Dalton Interception Express to pull into the station!

WOO WOO!

Time for the Spicy excuse machine to fire up.

I don't think I ever made excuses for Dalton.  Certainly not going to today.  He was the reason the Bengals lost, plain & simple.  He's a fine QB for most games during the regular season but obviously can't step up in critical games when the season is on the line.  He was never going to win a Super Bowl, but just one damned playoff game would be nice.

He hurt himself today as much as he did anyone else.  Winning a couple, or at least one, playoff game would have set him up for a juicy payday.  He'll still get a contract extension, but probably at about half what he would've gotten otherwise.

Bengals have more depth & talent than they've had in ages.  John Clayton says talent-wise they are the best team in the NFL.  But with QBs so important these days, they won't break that glass ceiling with Dalton.  Shitty situation, and not much that can be done in the short term.  No quality veteran talent available that I can see.  Gotta draft a QB in the first round and let him compete for the job.

FWIW, I guess it's public knowledge now but Mike Brown had wanted to draft Kaepernick instead of Dalton but was talked out of it by Gruden and other coaches :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 05, 2014, 10:53:40 PM
John Clayton says talent-wise they are the best team in the NFL.
That might be overstating matters just a bit.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

For the last 4 years the team that played in Philly in the Eagles' home opener has won that year's Super Bowl.

This year the Eagles home opener was against ...

San Diego!!

Ed Anger

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

I don't know which is worse, Rivers retard face or Angry Andy 'Mark Malone' Dalton face after tossing another INT.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on January 05, 2014, 11:56:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 05, 2014, 10:53:40 PM
John Clayton says talent-wise they are the best team in the NFL.
That might be overstating matters just a bit.

Maybe-- and he was talking to a local radio guy here when he said that.  Many other teams have better talent at specific positions, but across all positions (save for QB), the Bengals are pretty near the top.  They just don't have the big names, other than AJ Green.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2014, 11:03:36 PM
Me=vindicated.

Sort of.  You thought he sucked all the time, which was only about half right.  Going by his overall numbers, he's an average to above-average QB.  Obviously he's wildly inconsistent, and I'd say an average QB that screws up less often would still have given the team an 11-5 regular season record, and at least a shot at winning that first playoff game.