Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? NFL Playoff thread.

Started by katmai, January 03, 2014, 11:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Hey SBR, suck it.

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 07, 2013, 12:28:00 AM
Though the seahawks lost today, I think they're probably the best team in the NFC, and the Broncos are obviously the best team in the AFC.

There are a lot of teams you mention, but I dont think most of them matter in all reality.   The only teams that really matter right now if you can project to the playoffs, in my opinion, are Broncos, Seahawks, Saints.  KC, Indy, and Pats and Niners are wild cards in my opinion, heck maybe even the bungles on that list.

Jets/bucs, bears?  Chargers/eagles, Bills/panthers?  I can't read any more of that list.

In case you forgot, apparently this dumbass predicted it pretty well in the first week of October.

Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2013, 12:33:16 AM

Some dumbass trying to project playoff team in the first week of October doesn't really change that.

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

At least Harbaugh didn't have to go too far onto the field to be flagged after the play.  What a douche canoe.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/great-picture-shows-just-far-jim-harbaugh-field-205907808--nfl.html

I bet the NFL makes some rule changes in the offseason and really clamps down on coaches being on the field during games.

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
Hey SBR, suck it.

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 07, 2013, 12:28:00 AM
Though the seahawks lost today, I think they're probably the best team in the NFC, and the Broncos are obviously the best team in the AFC.

There are a lot of teams you mention, but I dont think most of them matter in all reality.   The only teams that really matter right now if you can project to the playoffs, in my opinion, are Broncos, Seahawks, Saints.  KC, Indy, and Pats and Niners are wild cards in my opinion, heck maybe even the bungles on that list.

Jets/bucs, bears?  Chargers/eagles, Bills/panthers?  I can't read any more of that list.

In case you forgot, apparently this dumbass predicted it pretty well in the first week of October.

Quote from: sbr on October 07, 2013, 12:33:16 AM

Some dumbass trying to project playoff team in the first week of October doesn't really change that.

:lol:

I couldn't figure out why you had such a a hard on for me, I had forgotten about this.

Nice job, you still completely missed Neil's point but you picked out a couple of the best teams! :cheers:

Alcibiades

Doesn't change the fact that barring something crazy those were the only legitimate contenders.  :contract:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 13, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
Doesn't change the fact that barring something crazy those were the only legitimate contenders.  :contract:

True, but more crazy things happen int he NFL than any other league.

You "picked" the obvious best teams in week 4 and it worked out; I wouldn't recommend that as a betting strategy in the future though.

Neil

That's retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Looks like it worked out that way for some random ass reason.   :rolleyes:

12 weeks later those initial powerhouses were still chugging along.  Weird, that.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on January 13, 2014, 12:54:02 AM
That's retarded.

Mad Ravens weren't included.

Alcibiades

Quote from: sbr on January 13, 2014, 12:48:42 AM

True, but more crazy things happen int he NFL than any other league.

You "picked" the obvious best teams in week 4 and it worked out; I wouldn't recommend that as a betting strategy in the future though.

Kind of as silly as trying to say which conference was better based on one single week, maybe?

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/12/27/5248214/nfl-non-conference-records-nfc-finishes-slightly-ahead-of-afc-but-are

Neil was wrong, shocker.

Obviously NFC best conference ever, forever, etc. etc.

Admiral Yi

If Alci picked the Niners and Pats early on in the season, that's pretty good prognosicating. Both looked miserable after their first games.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2014, 11:36:44 AM
If Alci picked the Niners and Pats early on in the season, that's pretty good prognosicating. Both looked miserable after their first games.

But they were both pre-season Super Bowl contenders though.  And didn't Kapernick throw for like 500 yards against GB in the opener?

Anyone with 8 brain cells and who follows the NFL knew those teams Alci named were supposed to be among the best in the league.  The problem is so much changes from week to week in the NFL, much less in the 11 weeks from Alci's "prediction" to the end of the season that it isn't very interesting to me to guess what might happen.

I already gave Alci his props for his bold prediction that the best teams in the NFL would be among the best teams in the league.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
The Pats were pre-season picks??

I thought so.  I know they were picked to win their division again (no shock there :D) and with Belichick and Brady and an almost guaranteed playoff spot I don't see how they wouldn't be among those teams with a very good shot at the Super Bowl.

EDIT:  They have been decimated by injuries since the season started, but their team going into the year was supposed to be pretty good.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2014, 11:49:06 AM
The Pats were pre-season picks??

You didn't see them going to the Superbowl with Edelman and Dobson leading the way?  :huh:

Alcibiades

The whole argument began with Neil saying that the AFC was better than the NFC (  :lol: he sure called that one ), and I asserted that there were so many low quality teams on both sides that you can't really gauge the NFC based on the Bucs or the AFC based on the Jags, for instance.   

This led me to say certain 'quality' teams were worth gauging when using their NFC/AFC record, which SBR was adamantly against, and apparently all of 8 the teams I thought were worth mentioning as quality teams made it into the playoffs.