Applebees and Chili's replacing waiters with Tablet PCs

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Nationalization = totalitarianism and death camps.  You know, just like in France, Iceland, Sweden, Britain, and a lot of other third-world hellholes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: The Brain on December 06, 2013, 05:45:20 PM
Sweden doesn't have death camps.
I'm sure that Hortlund said that there was at least one.  I think it was called Malmo?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2013, 05:29:48 PM
Nationalization = totalitarianism and death camps.  You know, just like in France, Iceland, Sweden, Britain, and a lot of other third-world hellholes.
You still haven't told me how you're going to get around the multinational problem.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on December 06, 2013, 06:23:01 PM
You still haven't told me how you're going to get around the multinational problem.

You expropriate assets of the multinational that are in your country.

Neil

That would be a terrible idea for the US, since all the valuable industrial bits of companies are located somewhere else.

chipwich

Ideologue

The valuable assets located in foreign countries become, legally, property of the U.S. government.  Attempt to steal or spoil the property of the U.S. government would be an act of war.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Neil on December 06, 2013, 03:59:27 PMJust do the Caliga thing:  Gas station food.

There's a gas station chain called Sheetz throughout VA/NC/WV/OH/PA that actually makes food I'd eat on a road trip (think ordinary fast food quality--not hot dogs rotating for the past 35 days on a hot roller quality.)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 06, 2013, 10:36:25 PM
The valuable assets located in foreign countries become, legally, property of the U.S. government.  Attempt to steal or spoil the property of the U.S. government would be an act of war.
The US isn't capable of fighting a war against anybody, let alone everybody.  Try again.

derspiess

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 07, 2013, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: Neil on December 06, 2013, 03:59:27 PMJust do the Caliga thing:  Gas station food.

There's a gas station chain called Sheetz throughout VA/NC/WV/OH/PA that actually makes food I'd eat on a road trip (think ordinary fast food quality--not hot dogs rotating for the past 35 days on a hot roller quality.)

Actually I agree with you here-- Sheetz isn't that bad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2013, 10:25:44 AM
The US isn't capable of fighting a war against anybody, let alone everybody.  Try again.

You had better believe we could beat the shit out of Grenada again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 07, 2013, 03:36:52 PM
You had better believe we could beat the shit out of Grenada again.

NO MORE MONROE DOCTRINE.