And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"Ask your doctor if Symferopol is for you."

mongers

Sir Hockney will have to seen his tailor to get his pants zip fixed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

citizen k

"If you like your Crimea you can keep your Crimea."

- President Obama to Ukraine

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2014, 04:27:40 PM

Warning: may cause bleeding hemorrhoids.*

*From Russian ass-raping
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2014, 04:27:40 PM

"If your occupation by Russians last longer than 8 hours..."

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2014, 03:15:03 PM
It appears this particular insanity springs from the mind of Vladimir Zhirinovski.

Well that makes me feel a bit better.  He probably sent an offer to Mars as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2014, 05:43:27 PM
It appears this particular insanity springs from the mind of Vladimir Zhirinovski.

Well that makes me feel a bit better.  He probably sent an offer to Mars as well.
Seriously, though, clowns like Zhirinovskiy are not funny.  They're puppet clowns with a purpose, and that purpose can't be benevolent given the nature of puppeteers.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2014, 05:54:29 PM

Seriously, though, clowns like Zhirinovskiy are not funny.  They're puppet clowns with a purpose, and that purpose can't be benevolent given the nature of puppeteers.

If only general Lebed was still around.  :(

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2014, 05:54:29 PM

I think his purpose it to make Putin look by comparison.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2014, 07:26:15 PM
That may be, but laughing at his antics will accomplish that purpose.

alfred russel

I'm confused by the map. Orange is future state Poland, green Hungary, and purple Romania. That makes sense.

I presume blue and yellow is future state Ukraine? Not even Crimea to Russia?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on March 23, 2014, 07:41:21 PM
I'm confused by the map. Orange is future state Poland, green Hungary, and purple Romania. That makes sense.

I presume blue and yellow is future state Ukraine? Not even Crimea to Russia?
Maybe the rest of Ukraine would become a republic of Russia again, and Putin would transfer Crimea to it for administrative reasons?  :hmm:

mongers

I slightly confused by the suggested Russian charge across southern Ukraine, even if they get there in good order and 'take' trans-denistra, which they already occupy (14th army??) they still end up with a narrow strip of land sandwiched between Moldova and SE Ukraine with limited access to the sea via a river.   :hmm:

Wouldn't something a little bigger make more sense, given the effort involved and likely repercussions ?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2014, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2014, 07:26:15 PM
That may be, but laughing at his antics will accomplish that purpose.

Well, what else should we do?

Queequeg

I find Zhirinovsky's map incredibly perverse.  He'd give up Halych and Volhynia to the Poles?   :hmm:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."