NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 05, 2013, 11:16:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2013, 08:17:13 AM
The Ravens should win.   I expect a hard-fought win for the Ravens.

:bwahahahaha

Stick to CFL buddy.
The comeback is on!

But seriously I missed most of game, what the hell happened from tie before half to when I got home and they were down 35-17 or whatever.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

A touchdown drive that should never have happened (an incompletion that was ruled a completion, but Baltimore didn't challenge), followed by a blocked punt that turned into another touchdown drive, followed by another touchdown drive on a gassed D.  Also, Baltimore stopped being able to move the ball on offence, in large part due to tons of drops by receivers and some ineffective runs on first down.  Michael Oher got hurt, which really hurt the run game, and an injury to Jacoby Jones has them with only three receivers.

Just one disasterous quarter.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Peyton Manning by himself is worth 60 fantasy points to my team.

Alcibiades

He has 80.10 in my other league.  Im facing the guy using him and have Baltimore's defense.   :lmfao:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 05, 2013, 11:50:47 PM
He has 80.10 in my other league.  Im facing the guy using him and have Baltimore's defense.   :lmfao:
:pinch:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I only tuned in during 4th Quarter. What was the story with the Ravens collision on the fair catch? :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

I wanted P Maning has my first draft choice but no, I missed the first round. :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

From the highlights I saw Manning and former Patriot receiver Wes Welker matched up well. The Pats are going to really miss Welker who left for the Broncos this year. Welker was a top receiver, defenses practically couldn't stop the guy. He had huge success and many clutch plays playing for New England.  It's going to be interesting watching a Pats-Broncos match-up with Welker on the opposing side with a QB like Manning, surely kicking some butt is what I expect.

sbr

Ina  stunning development Jim Harbaugh is whining like a bitch again:

Quote49ers coach Jim Harbaugh didn't get his way. But Friday, he got the final word on the interpretation of what is a legal hit on a quarterback in the read-option offense, saying a league ruling was "flawed and a bit biased."

The subject has become a hot issue for Sunday's much-anticipated playoff rematch between the Green Bay Packers and host San Francisco.

In the NFL's weekly rules video that was sent to reporters on Thursday, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino showed several read-option plays and spelled out when a quarterback who is in the act of running the read-option can be hit.

"The quarterback can be hit like a runner until he's clearly out of the play," Blandino said in the video.

On Friday, the oft-emotionally charged Harbaugh didn't hold back when he spoke to the media, noting that the league's competition committee said it didn't have the "the appetite to look at it any further. So that's where we're at."

"I believe that when a quarterback is handing a ball off or faking a ball -- in the read-option case, he's reading on an option play and he's as defenseless as a quarterback who's in the act of throwing," Harbaugh said.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a record 181 yards rushing in the team's playoff win against Green Bay in January. This week, Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews said the Packers will try to hit Kaepernick to slow him down.

"One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback," Matthews said Wednesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike." "So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they're too important to their offense. If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that's exactly what we're going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9642601/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-calls-nfl-ruling-read-option-plays-flawed-bit-biased

dps

Quote from: sbr on September 06, 2013, 06:26:21 PM
Ina  stunning development Jim Harbaugh is whining like a bitch again:

Quote49ers coach Jim Harbaugh didn't get his way. But Friday, he got the final word on the quote]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9642601/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-calls-nfl-ruling-read-option-plays-flawed-bit-biased

Screw that.  As far as I'm concerned, it you're on the field, you should be fair game.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: KRonn on September 06, 2013, 07:59:54 AM
From the highlights I saw Manning and former Patriot receiver Wes Welker matched up well. The Pats are going to really miss Welker who left for the Broncos this year. Welker was a top receiver, defenses practically couldn't stop the guy. He had huge success and many clutch plays playing for New England.  It's going to be interesting watching a Pats-Broncos match-up with Welker on the opposing side with a QB like Manning, surely kicking some butt is what I expect.
Yeah, watched the 1st quarter today and he looked pretty sharp.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Fuck Jim Harbaugh.  If a guy has the ball or is representing having the ball, he's a legit target.  Tackle the whole fucking backfield.