NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

For the first time in probably 10 years, I'm excited about the football season. I guess I needed a break from it for a bit. :blush:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:19:46 PM
See, the Seacrest thing worked!

:P

Didn't watch the pre-game show. :P Tuned in when the rain started.

derspiess

Holy shit, how many times are they gonna run that NFL Redzone/Verizon commercial?!?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I wanna do that Wendy's chick even more than last season.

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2013, 08:09:31 PM
My wife likes her Giants ripping opposing players heads off, especially when the Cowboys or Eagles are involved.

My wife takes magazines if she gets dragged out to a game.

Yeah well she is not an American.  Any foreigners I take to games always end up that way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2013, 09:10:26 PM
Yeah well she is not an American.  Any foreigners I take to games always end up that way.

My mother's cousins and aunt from Germany came to visit back in '93, and we took them to an Orioles game. 
Questions, questions, questions.  Germans.  :rolleyes:

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2013, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2013, 08:09:31 PM
My wife likes her Giants ripping opposing players heads off, especially when the Cowboys or Eagles are involved.

My wife takes magazines if she gets dragged out to a game.

All her (male) relatives down in Argentina are into NFL now.  Kinda funny how they semi-arbitrarily selected their favorite teams, but at least they're fans.

derspiess

Ack, that Broncos cheerleader had really short hair.  Is that allowed by the NFL?  :(

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Probably local, but they just showed a Leinenkugel Oktoberfest commercial here.  Barf-- couldn't finish the one I had at the baseball game the other day.

merithyn

Question: Since when have they been playing two Monday night games?

CountDeMoney