Gun control in the US: what can be done?

Started by viper37, December 06, 2015, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on December 17, 2015, 04:15:11 AM
There's already been cases involving 3D printed plastic guns, and these would be covered under the new amendment.

My musket was made by someone in a workshop and is basically a metal tube on a plank and could easily kill someone, which is why I need a shotgun and black powder licence for it, which involved medical and professional references and a police home visit. Though it would probably be more efficient to beat them to death with it.

I was going to make a joke that in the UK they would probably confiscate Great Great Great Great Great Grandpa's musket from Waterloo that has not fired a shot in 200 years...but it seems that is pretty much the reality :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 17, 2015, 04:01:02 AM
And frankly, when a state reports zero like Alabama, I question whether their rate is actually low, or they're just not reporting their cases.

The footnote states that Alabama reported only limited data so your question is well put.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on December 17, 2015, 04:15:11 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 16, 2015, 08:52:05 PM

That was one of the plot points in Man in the High Castle. Guns made in the machine shop.

Eventually, we're going to have to face the prospect of people being able to simply make their own at home.

That's going to happen, and I have no idea how controlling that will have to go down. In the US, the feds do it based on the commerce clause, but that sort of thing would slip right under all the hurdles. I think Montana tried to pass a law legalizing everything manufactured there and not passing state lines, which creates a problem for the feds for similar reasons.
There's already been cases involving 3D printed plastic guns, and these would be covered under the new amendment.

My musket was made by someone in a workshop and is basically a metal tube on a plank and could easily kill someone, which is why I need a shotgun and black powder licence for it, which involved medical and professional references and a police home visit. Though it would probably be more efficient to beat them to death with it.
Didn't realise the shotgun license included black powder guns too :lol;
What did this police visit involve? You have to store the gun a proper way?
██████
██████
██████