News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

If he shaves his front a bit more, leaves the mustache and mullet he can play some kind if frankish warrior...

Sheilbh

I live down the road from a very arty lefty university and everyone has unisex mullets now :lol: :ph34r:

And the young men love themselves a creepy tache.

Even heard someone ask for a mullet "but not a mullet mullet" in the barbers. Which made me very much feel my age.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I thought the 80s fad was over.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I have become too assimilated into middle class-(ish) England, I think. This morning at the nursery I had to park between two monstrosities people call cars nowadays, the one on the passenger side was right on their white line so I had to park reaaally close to them to leave enough room for me next to the other urban battleship to get my kid out. And as I lifted the kid out the lady I parked right on came out... and I was apologetic.

What I should have done is to tell her next time maybe not park 2mms from the white line and then me being comfortably within my space won't inconvenience her. But I didn't. What a shame.

Sheilbh

:lol: One of us one of us :ph34r:

Especially taking it to moan about on a forum - I have colleagues who would dine out on that at the office tea point for a week.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2024/sep/23/nuclear-blast-could-save-earth-from-large-asteroid?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1727104710
QuoteNuclear blast could save Earth from large asteroid, scientists say

US physicists show how immense pulse of radiation could vaporise the side of asteroid and nudge it off course

....Thanks? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 01:45:30 PM:lol: One of us one of us :ph34r:

Especially taking it to moan about on a forum - I have colleagues who would dine out on that at the office tea point for a week.

:lol:

Josquius

I like that the big cars angered tamas
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 02:44:57 PMI like that the big cars angered tamas

I do want a crossover/SUV myself (mainly not to be completely outclassed in the height arms race) but e.g. anyone buying a Land Rover in this country who doesn't have a farm is just taking the piss.

Tamas

Speaking of which, I am strongly considering making use of the salary sacrifice EV lease option at my workplace.

Either a Hyundai EV6 or a Kona. The latter would be more sensible cost-wise but not only I have reservations about interior size, I'd be creating a new problem for myself with its charger being at the front. The way cars are parked on the street the sensible way to park into our driveway is to reserve into it.

EDIT: I have been driving a 2006 Toyota Avensis so something like a Kona would be a serious downgrade space-wise, I feel. Not sure if I could stomach it.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on Today at 02:55:02 PMI do want a crossover/SUV myself (mainly not to be completely outclassed in the height arms race) but e.g. anyone buying a Land Rover in this country who doesn't have a farm is just taking the piss.
The "Chelsea tractor" - I suspect that is most people in this country who own a Land Rover.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Pickup trucks are the true scumbag machine.
If you have one of those in the UK and you're not a roofer or a scrapman then just end yourself now.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

A EV6 is big, cabin space is good tho. Cargo space is bad too like all EVs except maybe the F150 Lightning or the EV9.

How big is the cargo in a Avensis, compare, to say, a Corolla?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on Today at 03:39:07 PMHow big is the cargo in a Avensis, compare, to say, a Corolla?

Compared to a Corolla? Massive.

But forget it. I thought the indicative prices on the lease company's site were full ones. No they were already net ones. :P This makes the whole idea totally not worth it, definitely not when we are paying out of our ears for nursery, and rebuilding savings.

I guess I'll have to have that rattling exhaust looked at for the Avensis. :P

Grey Fox

Alright, closer to a Camry then.

There are no Avensis in NA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.