News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elon Musk: Always A Douche

Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Clearly you guys just aren't hardcore enough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zoupa on September 11, 2024, 12:50:50 PMI don't even understand the reasoning. She endorses Harris so she "wins" the opportunity to have a creepy old dude impregnate her? What? What does one flow from the other?

You are confused because you aren't possessed by the delusion that the entire world revolves around you. Once you accept the premise that the world and everything in it exists only for your personal gratification and glorification it all makes perfect sense. No wonder he is attracted to Trump.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Why is it not surprising that Musk is making rapey comments on the internet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on September 11, 2024, 12:50:50 PMI don't even understand the reasoning. She endorses Harris so she "wins" the opportunity to have a creepy old dude impregnate her? What? What does one flow from the other?

This dude is unwell.

Agreed, he is unwell.

As I see it the "logic" is layer upon layer of misogynistic weirdness with a slight seasoning of deniable racism. It goes something like this:

In Musk's world anyone who doesn't agree with him (and Trump) are emotional/ unhinged/ irrational in some way. Swift is not endorsing Harris for "good" reasons (because there aren't any good reasons to do so in Musk's eyes), but "for attention" [because, of course, women primarily do things to garner attention from "alpha" males like Musk].

Normally, the correct thing for a peak-masculinity guy like Musk to do in the face of cries for attention is to ignore them, but this time Swift "wins" because she gets attention from (probably) the most desirable, intelligent, and alpha-est man of the them all - Musk.

In the world of the Muskovites, the best type of attention is - of course - sexual (and Musk quite obviously has a number of psychosexual issues). This allows Musk and his coterie to dismiss Swift's political and intellectual agency and turn her into a sex object by the simple act of imagining having sex with her (and imagining that that is what she secretly wants). It's one of the classic two ways for misogynists to deal with women they dislike - either turn them into sex objects with no agency, or view them as unhinged crones who are clearly crazy because they desire to be sex objects but are unable to (because they're old, ugly, or both).

Layered on top of this is a bit of ironic white knighting to further remove Swift's agency (she needs Musk to protect her cats), referring to a couple of Vance originated memeplexes. Vance dismissed non-Trump voting women as childless cat-ladies (attempting to paint them as weird), and Taylor identified herself as one such (making childless cat-ladies not weird, because she's a good looking pop star). At the same time, "protecting" the cats potentially refers to another recent weird racist attempt by Vance at meming, claiming that a certain immigrant group "eat pets".

I think this was more or less understood instinctively by the Muskovite fan-club and is what passes for brilliant discourse in their world.

Jacob

Of course, the TLDR is that Musk is a rapey misogynistic weirdo.

Valmy

The whole blood libel against the Haitians is unbelievably gross. My expectations for Trump and the Republicans are so low but somehow they still manage to disappoint me.

And Musk just loves it. He is constantly posting memes about how Haitians are killing cats and dogs. How is this any different than saying Jews are killing your pets? Even the implication that the solution to this Haitian problem will be provided by Trump. What the hell are we doing?

And this isn't some obscure thing written in the some Protocols of the Elders of Port-au-Prince or something. The goddamn Republican nomination for President is claiming it onstage during a Presidential debate.

I get that what happened is so bizarre that people cannot help but make jokes about it, but I don't find it funny.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

It's great. Not a huge step from Haitians to black people overall. And mobilising their vote is key.

Its the imprisoned illegal alien sex change one that seems to be creating the most jokes. Some are quite funny. It's just bizzare. Makes no sense even putting yourself in the shoes of a scumbag-surely for them a sex change is a terrible punishment and that's what illegal aliens deserve?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on September 11, 2024, 02:36:00 PMIts the imprisoned illegal alien sex change one that seems to be creating the most jokes.

Ah so that's a debate thing, I was wondering why all of a sudden my feed was suddenly full of trans xenomorphs.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Josquius on September 11, 2024, 02:36:00 PMIt's great. Not a huge step from Haitians to black people overall. And mobilising their vote is key.

Its the imprisoned illegal alien sex change one that seems to be creating the most jokes. Some are quite funny. It's just bizzare. Makes no sense even putting yourself in the shoes of a scumbag-surely for them a sex change is a terrible punishment and that's what illegal aliens deserve?
I saw that more connecting all the "less thans" that populate the Right's fears into one category. "*Of course* those caravans of subhuman illegals that are rapist drug using criminals, other, lesser, races, and overall undesirable would *also* be trans monsters who are here to infiltrate women's restrooms and spaces and groom children when they get early release due to vile Democrats who are soft on crime!" It's the perfect storm of their delusions that is sure to activate all of the triggers that rightwing media have been consistently implanting in their followers brains via repeated "coverage" and hammering the same points home over and over and over again.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

I took it at face value.  Some illegal immigrant somewhere in custody asked for/demanded a sex change operation and some advocate somewhere was in favor of Uncle Sam picking up the tab.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2024, 03:30:11 PMI took it at face value.  Some illegal immigrant somewhere in custody asked for/demanded a sex change operation and some advocate somewhere was in favor of Uncle Sam picking up the tab.

I think your version and Sophie's version can be true at the same time.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2024, 03:30:11 PMI took it at face value.  Some illegal immigrant somewhere in custody asked for/demanded a sex change operation and some advocate somewhere was in favor of Uncle Sam picking up the tab.

Ok well I think maybe a discussion can be had as to whether that is appropriate for Federal Prisoners, I currently do not know what sort of health care they are entitled to and what it covers, but it kind of feels like fear mongering to stir up anti-Trans sentiment.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 11, 2024, 03:51:14 PMI think your version and Sophie's version can be true at the same time.

You're right.  I misread would as could.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 11, 2024, 04:05:35 PMOk well I think maybe a discussion can be had as to whether that is appropriate for Federal Prisoners, I currently do not know what sort of health care they are entitled to and what it covers, but it kind of feels like fear mongering to stir up anti-Trans sentiment.

Is there an objective way of determining which Trump was doing?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2024, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 11, 2024, 04:05:35 PMOk well I think maybe a discussion can be had as to whether that is appropriate for Federal Prisoners, I currently do not know what sort of health care they are entitled to and what it covers, but it kind of feels like fear mongering to stir up anti-Trans sentiment.

Is there an objective way of determining which Trump was doing?

Sure. Look at his other statements and positions related to trans people or prison healthcare to determine the most likely context.