2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2024, 09:00:41 PMWell this was somehow worse than I thought it would be and I had been having pretty bad anxiety about this ever since I learned Biden was going to run for re-election.

I...I...just don't know how this was allowed to happen.

:hug:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

They both just look horrible. Trump is a shadow of his 2016 self yet somehow...our dude is barely functional.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

What did I miss?  Just checked out live now, Biden is sounding painful.

DGuller

I wonder if they proposed to have a debate in June so that there would be time to switch out Biden if his brain didn't rally?

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 27, 2024, 09:26:19 PMI wonder if they proposed to have a debate in June so that there would be time to switch out Biden if his brain didn't rally?

Unless Joe does a LBJ, I don't see how that could happen. I thought he did back in 2021.

But no, and here we are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

Obviously Biden has to be onboard the plan, if you catch him on his good day, and not pull a RBG.

crazy canuck

Biden can't even deliver a closing statement without getting confused.  Something he must have practiced.

OttoVonBismarck

Important take away is Trump said Israel needs to finish the job. I am looking forward to all the Muslim extremists who have been chanting antisemitic shit here in the U.S. finding out what happens when Trump gives Netanyahu a green light to do whatever is necessary in Gaza day 1 of his Presidency.

Jacob

Legbiter

From the sober middle of the road European perspective we have to be prepared to deal with a new Trump presidency. Given how fucked both Germany and France will be concomitant with a Trump presidency I can only recommend a tighter Nordic cooperation.  :hmm:

DGuller

People, tell me what happened, don't make me read Twitter (or worse, watch the replay).  How badly did Biden do?

Legbiter

It went way less than ideal.

It went Sweden should have a nuclear deterrent. And Finland as well maybe.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 27, 2024, 09:46:52 PMPeople, tell me what happened, don't make me read Twitter (or worse, watch the replay).  How badly did Biden do?

He just looked terrible. Even if Biden has said good things he still would have lost. But he didn't. Trump refused to answer questions and Biden never attacked him for it.

Biden even let Trump get him on the Border shit.

And he lacked the cocky Uncle Joe energy of 2020, for whatever that was worth.

I don't know what you want me to say.

DGuller

Just checked PredictIt.  Looks like Newsom won the debate.