Started by garbon, July 15, 2018, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

:lol:

Thanks for the reality check Zanza :cheers:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Cocaines bad for decision making. Makes you too impulsive. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Tonitrus

Quote from: HVC on June 01, 2024, 09:52:45 AMMusk being sued by shareholders for insider trading

If the lawsuit has merit (not questing it one way or the other)...why isn't he also facing a criminal investigation?

HVC

Musk won the shareholder vote for his billion dollar pay package. Don't know if there are more hurdles.

Grey Fox

Lots.

The vote might not be binding to the court that stopped the 1st package.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2024, 08:16:34 AMMusk won the shareholder vote for his billion dollar pay package. Don't know if there are more hurdles.

What a bunch of suckers. Better products? No. Better incentives for workers? No. Better shareholder value? No. Money for a super rich celebrity who doesn't need it? Yes. This is what this business needs.

What are they afraid Elon is going to walk away from Tesla without getting a huge bribe? I get why the corrupt board voted for this, since it almost entirely comprises Elon's friends and family, but the shareholders are just burning their own money for no reason.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Tesla stock bros were always hype buyers, so not surprising they haven't thought things through :D

Zanza

Musk promised a market cap of about 50% of the S&P500, so if you believe that the can deliver that, it makes sense to vote for it.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on June 14, 2024, 03:31:04 PMMusk promised a market cap of about 50% of the S&P500, so if you believe that the can deliver that, it makes sense to vote for it.

What is he a magical wizard? I am sure some other CEO could have done it for only 5 billion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

To be honest, were I an institutional investor I probably would've voted in favour and then look to time my exit.

If Musk didn't get his package I think the stock would take a hit, and it probably would enter a decline as Musk did his rage quitting.

Now, the stock will stay as is and (perhaps) jump whenever Musk pulls another pump out of the hat. Eventually the stock will crash, I expect, but this gives more time for larger shareholders to divest of their portfolio.

Not an investment guy, though, so who knows.

Valmy

Ok you make some good points.

Damn. Sometimes it seems like the lowest priority in these companies is customers and products. Financial bullshit dominates all. Perfectly healthy companies going bankrupt for no reason other than somebody could legally steal billions from them. Mediocrities like Tesla getting huge for no reason, It is all madness. What is even the point of all this? I thought this was supposed to be about efficiently delivering goods to markets that demand them.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2024, 03:45:39 PMOk you make some good points.

Damn. Sometimes it seems like the lowest priority in these companies is customers and products. Financial bullshit dominates all. Perfectly healthy companies going bankrupt for no reason other than somebody could legally steal billions from them. Mediocrities like Tesla getting huge for no reason, It is all madness. What is even the point of all this? I thought this was supposed to be about efficiently delivering goods to markets that demand them.

Yeah - the story of Red Lobster comes to mind.  It was played out in the media that it was because Red Lobster had an endless shrimp promotion.  But Red Lobster has done that promotion before.  What happened is the private equity owners saddled RL with a lot of debt, plus forced RL to purchase their shrimp from an overpriced supplier that private equity also controlled.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.