News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The AI dooooooom thread

Started by Hamilcar, April 06, 2023, 12:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Although wouldn't the copyright here be about Her? Isn't this about personality rights and whether the AI is close enough to effectively be a use of her voice for commercial reasons when she's rejected that?
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2024, 02:03:48 PMAlthough wouldn't the copyright here be about Her? Isn't this about personality rights and whether the AI is close enough to effectively be a use of her voice for commercial reasons when she's rejected that?

They used a different voice actress.  You can't sue for copyright violation if someone's voice sounds like yours.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

You cannot see attachments on this board.

:hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Don't know about that but I know prompt injection is something that's a worry in media. The closer Gen AI is to the production environment (eg Reach publications, I think Axel Springer) that's going to be a big potential target.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 31, 2024, 07:34:05 AMDon't know about that but I know prompt injection is something that's a worry in media. The closer Gen AI is to the production environment (eg Reach publications, I think Axel Springer) that's going to be a big potential target.

What's the worry?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on June 01, 2024, 02:18:21 AMWhat's the worry?
Basically the closer it is to a production environment then prompt injection is a risk that could impact content.

But there is a big divide - I think NYT, BBC, Guardian, News International are all experimenting with AI but basically keeping it away from the actual production of news. Other companies like Axel Springer and Reach (basically all local papers in the UK, plus the Mirror and the Express) are putting it far far closer to that bit.

I think the Apple AI thing was interesting. First because it feels like the big idea for what Apple's next round of devices will do (in particular because Apple sales are slowing). But secondly because it seems like OpenAI still hasn't found a business model - they've gone from about to usher in AGI to, basically, SaaS. And I think that makes sense this is the first AI tool I've seen that I think is useful for and likely to be adopted by normal everyday people. But putting those together it makes me think that AI, so far, will mainly reinforce the position of those companies who can plug it into their existing products. Perhaps that was always likely.

I can see Google's generative search, and AI in it's suite of office tools etc. I can see the Apple product. I get how those get used and integrated into people's daily lives - which will reinforce the power of those companies. (Similarly in the business world I can see, for example, Adobe or Salesforce or Oracle using AI).

Although it also made me personally feel more inclined to just buy a brick phone because I basically want my communications to remain between me and the people I'm communicating with (and obviously, I get that there are telcos and the NSA in there etc but I live with it) - and that feels like it's becoming an increasingly radical idea :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah I remain fairly luddiye when it comes to AI and personal use.