What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

What I find interesting about the second one is the lack of specificity of Ukraine/Russia.

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 26, 2023, 07:18:47 PMIt never ceases to astonish that there are tens of millions of Americans who read this stuff, and instead of thinking "lunatic asylum", think "President"
Oh, dear, that made my day.  :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 26, 2023, 07:18:47 PMIt never ceases to astonish that there are tens of millions of Americans who read this stuff, and instead of thinking "lunatic asylum", think "President"

You gotta crack a few eggs if you're going to trigger the libs.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2023, 07:27:40 PMWhat I find interesting about the second one is the lack of specificity of Ukraine/Russia.
That's brilliant as it allows everybody to believe Trump shares their specific view on it.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on December 27, 2023, 01:01:56 AMThat's brilliant as it allows everybody to believe Trump shares their specific view on it.

That's kinda what i was thinking.

Ukraine hacked the DNC server!
We should spend the money here!
Joe got paid corruption money by Hunter to give Ukraine aid!
We want peace!
Etc.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2023, 01:05:54 AM
Quote from: Zanza on December 27, 2023, 01:01:56 AMThat's brilliant as it allows everybody to believe Trump shares their specific view on it.

That's kinda what i was thinking.

Ukraine hacked the DNC server!
We should spend the money here!
Joe got paid corruption money by Hunter to give Ukraine aid!
We want peace!
Etc.
That or even something completely different like "We should send the Marines to fight the Russkies".

Gups

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on December 27, 2023, 10:26:35 AMWas he quite as mad as this in 2015/16?

Up several notches on this judges scorecard.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2023, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: Gups on December 27, 2023, 10:26:35 AMWas he quite as mad as this in 2015/16?

Up several notches on this judges scorecard.

More than just several notches on mine.  He is full-out unhinged now, as opposed to his more sly insults/claims before and during his presidency.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Well, he running on purging the government of people disloyal to him, arresting people who oppose him, putting people into camps, and making himself dictator.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

It's bizarre that he has a real chance to be elected on that platform.

OttoVonBismarck

I'll be honest, if the future of the Democratic party are people like Rashida Tlaib who are virulent anti-Semites / Muslim terrorists, I would probably just vote for a Republican dictatorship and let it fall where it may.

Zanza

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 27, 2023, 07:05:32 PMI'll be honest, if the future of the Democratic party are people like Rashida Tlaib who are virulent anti-Semites / Muslim terrorists, I would probably just vote for a Republican dictatorship and let it fall where it may.
My impression from this side of the Atlantic is that the Republicans also have a significant group of lunatics among their house members, so that alone seems a poor indicator for the presidential election. Especially without direct connection like in a parliamentary republic.

Jacob

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 27, 2023, 07:05:32 PMI'll be honest, if the future of the Democratic party are people like Rashida Tlaib who are virulent anti-Semites / Muslim terrorists, I would probably just vote for a Republican dictatorship and let it fall where it may.

Are people like Rashida Tlaib the future of the Democratic party?

Razgovory

God, I hope not.  I can't vote for anti-Semites.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017