Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 24, 2023, 03:29:22 PMapparently Russia threatened to annex Uzbekistan...
Anyone has something on that?
Viva Magna Russia?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on December 22, 2023, 06:42:35 PMSaw a thing on social media saying the Biden administration has started signalling that they're okay with using Russia's frozen central bank assets (~$300 billion) to support Ukraine.
Good move.  Canada should do the same.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Heard Anne Applebaum talking about it NPR and she said the logic is prepaid reparations.

Jacob

Thanks for sharing that picture Zoupa - good work :cheers:

Jacob

Apparently Russia has lost a handful of fighter jets this week.

This could potentiall be the unannounced appearance of F-16 on the battlefield:

Tonitrus

The more likely suspect I've seen is of is some recently transferred additional Patriot systems.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 25, 2023, 02:17:09 PMThe more likely suspect I've seen is of is some recently transferred additional Patriot systems.
same I've heard:

the UAF had smaller radars in the area that locked on to the fighters when they got to altitude and when the airplanes were in too deep they activated the Patriot system and yeeted them from the sky

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on December 25, 2023, 01:47:05 PMApparently Russia has lost a handful of fighter jets this week.

This could potentiall be the unannounced appearance of F-16 on the battlefield:

Ho ho ho.

Though from what I heard they just got sloppy.
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

On the one hand, great, on the other, how frustrating to think how much could be accomplished if we really equipped Ukraine from the beginning.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Yes.

The slow half measures have been infuriating. I mean, there were some legitimate worries about Russian redlines and whatnot, but we (the West) should have committed more and earlier.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 25, 2023, 04:07:03 PMOn the one hand, great, on the other, how frustrating to think how much could be accomplished if we really equipped Ukraine from the beginning.

Yeah
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Saw a snippet of news announcing that Russia had retaken some city of Eastern Ukraine, but I can't find anything online about it.

Anyone can confirm the rumour?

Grey Fox

The Russians continue their slow advance towards Kremmina. It's the only setback for Ukraine I can find.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

A Russian landing ship blew up a few hours ago:

That'll be harder to replace than artillery shells or press-ganged infantry.

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on December 24, 2023, 07:00:24 PMMight I suggest, for those who can afford it, to bring a little present to the russians this fine Christmas Eve?

First is the general, Ukrainian government fund "Back and alive", mostly focusing on getting the soldiers injured the help they need:

https://savelife.in.ua/en/donate-en/#donate-army-card-monthly

Second, if you're like me and more of an asshole, there's Sign My Rocket, where you can send a message to the moskals a little more "directly":

https://signmyrocket.com/

See below for mine.

:cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.