Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Russians are posting pics of an ATACMS submunition found at the site. Asshurt levels are approaching what the brits manage on a good day. ^_^

Made in 1996. Good year, I got my drivers' license then.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 17, 2023, 12:40:59 PMAnd did you know that the Kerch bridge has just been repaired?
Can't wait for it to be closed again.
 :menace:  :D

This time maybe the Ukrainians won't blow it up....

Syt

I'm sure a Hungarian-Chinese-Russian peace initiative is what is needed right now. :)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

"Everyone in Europe is asking the same thing":
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on October 17, 2023, 01:56:34 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 17, 2023, 12:40:59 PMAnd did you know that the Kerch bridge has just been repaired?
Can't wait for it to be closed again.
 :menace:  :D

This time maybe the Ukrainians won't blow it up....

When I first came here, this was all straits. Everyone said I was daft to build a bridge on a strait, but I built it all the same, just to show them. It got knocked into the strait. So I built a second one. That got knocked into the strait. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then got knocked into the strait. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest bridge in all of Russia.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Maladict

Josquius

Is it just me or does the avdiivka situation sound like something from warhammer 40k

Callous generals with no regard for life launching human wave after human wave at an incredibly tall industrial waste pile transformed into a fortress....
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 20, 2023, 04:13:21 PMPlus there are orcs.

And, in fact, in the final battle of the war the good guys were standing atop heaps of slag.  The modern orcs should have taken lessons from the fictional orcs.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Russians are losing one to two battalions worth of men a day since the offensive in avdiivka began.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Drone and component/spare part shortages being reported by Ukrainians, as they're burning through something like 10,000 a month.

But oddly the apparent Chinese export restrictions are also hitting the Russians. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.