Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

The article below the video link is a word for word transcript of the Youtube video. :unsure: Are the authors the same person, or is one ripping off the other?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on October 17, 2023, 12:18:21 AMThe article below the video link is a word for word transcript of the Youtube video. :unsure: Are the authors the same person, or is one ripping off the other?

They're the same person, same as the Twitter link I think.

You can see combat footage of the battle on Reddit, but that's obviously NSFW. This is what I could find on google quick.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

:nelson:
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1714167934539431964

Quote from: Dmitri@wartranslatedRussian Fighterbomber aviation channel says something happened to some Russian airfield last night that is the most serious blow to the army aviation in the war. He also says that it was done with ATACMS.

So it seems that he is talking about the Berdyansk strike last night, apparently a helicopter base was attacked and a lot of damage was done.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on October 15, 2023, 05:13:07 PMPutin claims Russia is making good progress around Adiivka.
This was something Mark Galleoti talked about recently as being a bit of a surprise to him (as a Russia expert - primarily focused on the organised crime-security state and their crossover). Not the attack in itself but basically that Putin seems incapable of learning lessons.

So Putin keeps on repeating the same mistakes and they're ones he was making at the start of the invasion. He is still using divide and rule and building in competition between different state agencies, which works for him politically as he is the arbiter, which is the source of a lot of his power - but is not an effective way of running a war. He is still treating part of the security state as basically assets to be won and exploited (particularly with the PMCs). And he is still micromanaging parts of this war and I suspect that's happened here where he has told his generals where to attack, what to win and not to stop until they do it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

Let's hope they don't get their house in order then, allowing the uaf to exploit this to the fullest

Josquius

I found this quite interesting.
Interviewing random small town Russians, heavily from towards the older end of the age-spectrum based on appearances (so this being rural Russia probably actually all in their 20s ;) .
Its curious how they recognise they're being fucked over by the state in meat for the front line disproportionately coming from small towns like theirs whilst Moscow gets off.... but there's a underlying disturbing potatriotism and blaming those Moscow folk for being unpatriotic and corrupt.
Fascinating how much it it rings with the situation here where poor downtrodden towns will cheer for the ones doing the downtreading because its those liberal metropolitan elites that are the real problem.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

Delivery may have coincided with the recent nato summit. You know, the one no one paid much attention to due to the ME

Zoupa

The missile used to destroy 9 attack helicopters, which were protected by the most advanced air defense in russia's arsenal, was produced in 1996/1997.

I wonder if soviet tech was that terrible too.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zoupa on October 17, 2023, 10:48:42 AMThe missile used to destroy 9 attack helicopters, which were protected by the most advanced air defense in russia's arsenal, was produced in 1996/1997.

Probably, since most of it is the same

Barrister

Zelenskyy has confirmed ATACMS deliveries.

I love that they kept this quiet so Ukraine could strike unprepared. :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

That is the proper way to announce delivery of the missiles, by delivering them to the enemy :cheers:

Crazy_Ivan80

And did you know that the Kerch bridge has just been repaired?
Can't wait for it to be closed again.
 :menace:  :D

Josquius

Read the other day about British intelligence tracking arms shipments from north Korea to a base near rostov. Was just thinking at the time what they could possibly use to hit that, maybe some funky commando drone ops were needed.
Nope.

Quote from: Zoupa on October 17, 2023, 10:48:42 AMThe missile used to destroy 9 attack helicopters, which were protected by the most advanced air defense in russia's arsenal, was produced in 1996/1997.

To be fair it's very recent missile defence became anything like good. Be a generation or two behind there and the gulf is insane
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Ballistic missiles are really hard to bring down in their terminal phase, even today.  They're relatively small, very fast moving targets that are going to hit somewhere near their targets at that point unless destroyed completely.