What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 17, 2023, 12:17:04 PM... what was (s)he accused of?

Corruption and the Republicans said that's okay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 17, 2023, 12:17:04 PM... what was (s)he accused of?

There were 16 articles of impeachment.  The biggest one seems to be bribery.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/17/lauren-boebert-apologizes-again-behavior-at-theater
QuoteLauren Boebert apologizes again for 'maybe overtly animated' behavior at theater

Lauren Boebert has issued a second apology for her now infamous theatre date which saw her get ejected from watching a Beetlejuice: The Musical performance after she openly vaped in the audience, groped her companion and was graphically felt up in kind.

In an interview on Sunday with the conservative One America News Network, the far-right Colorado congresswoman attributed the behavior – recorded on security camera footage – to what she described as her being "maybe overtly animated". Boebert, 36, thus implied that her extrovertedness had somehow fused with a stage production that the New York Times reviewed as "a jaw-dropping funhouse".

"I was laughing, I was singing, having a fantastic time, was told to kinda settle it down a little bit, which I did, but then, my next slip up was taking a picture," she told the network about her date a week earlier. "I was a little too eccentric ... I'm on the edge of a lot of things."

Her remarks added to a written apology offered on Friday in which she said she was "truly sorry for the unwanted attention my ... evening in Denver [on Sunday, 10 September] has brought to the community" and that her actions she "simply fell short" of her values.

Meanwhile, additional information about Boebert's companion to Beetlejuice – whom she has been dating for months – introduced even more complexity to an already perplexing picture of their night out.

Her date, 46-year-old Quinn Gallagher, was a Democrat-supporting owner of a bar that hosts LGBTQ+ and drag events in the ski town of Aspen, Colorado. The events included a women's party for Aspen Gay Ski Week and a Winter Wonderland Burlesque & Drag Show. Boebert has been an outspoken critic of drag shows, as evidenced by a June 2022 post on the social media platform now known as X which read: "Take your children to Church, not drag bars."

The US House member was ejected alongside Gallagher from the Buell theatre after being asked to stop vaping, taking pictures and groping each other during the performance of the family-friendly Beetlejuice, according to reporting and video obtained by local Denver news outlet 9News.

Criticism against Boebert has only intensified since her first apology, with some conservative commentators spending the weekend calling her out.

"Totally embarrassing bimbo," conservative pundit Ann Coulter wrote on X. Jenna Ellis, a former attorney for ex-president Donald Trump, called the behavior "embarrassing and disrespectful".

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

"maybe overtly animated' behavior"

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Syt

I heard that the tug job receiver was *checks notes* A DEMOCRAT?? :o

Oh, also love this one:

:face:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Yes, I had put bold on the fact her date as a dem. :sleep:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

I thunk it was very enlightened of the guy to give everyone a chance to jerk him off, not just those that agree with him politically.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2023, 07:39:46 AMI thunk it was very enlightened of the guy to give everyone a chance to jerk him off, not just those that agree with him politically.

No equal credit to Boebart for her reciprocal allowance of boobie fondling?  :mad:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

grumbler

Matt Wallace obviously wasn't listening to Mrs. Bowen back in the third grade when she talked about proper punctuation and capitalization.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on September 21, 2023, 07:58:00 AMMatt Wallace obviously wasn't listening to Mrs. Bowen back in the third grade when she talked about proper punctuation and capitalization.

We Will noT Be Grammer Shaymed By, THe Elites.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Corruption.

I was really encouraged when the Republican House impeached him. I thought 'hey maybe the Republicans really are going to hold their own accountable'

I mean it is not like they need Ken Paxton to win AG elections, I am sure they have plenty of non-corrupt AG candidates ready to go.

But then I started getting propaganda in the mail about how everybody wanting to impeach the GREAT KEN PAXTON is a RINO and I knew the Senate would chicken out.

People are so tribal they seem to think that just because somebody agrees with them politically they must be a great person and so must be defended at all costs or it will hurt the cause. This is ridiculous. Booting out Paxton wouldn't put in an AG who was any more left wing than Paxton. If anything it would make the Republicans look like responsible fighters of corruption. But it was just too far to go for the Texas Senate, the heat from any partisans scared them off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."