Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on September 16, 2023, 08:01:07 AMThese things are the torpedo boats of the 21st century. Is this something the US gave them or an indigenous design?

If only we could say that Peru sent them...

celedhring

Talk going round to oh-so-reliable Russian bloggersphere that Kadirov has kicked the bucket.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on September 17, 2023, 03:31:01 AMTalk going round to oh-so-reliable Russian bloggersphere that Kadirov has kicked the bucket.

Putin clearing house, but given that he wasn't openly critical of the Kremlin, I guess he couldn't choose poison or an 'air accident'

Any news yet of the likely official reason, dying bravely at the front defending Mother Russia?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Not only a duke under Tsar Putin but a terrible Quisling as well. Good riddance if there ever was one.

Josquius

I do wonder whether it's putins doing.
Instability in Chechnya seems bad news for him.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

There was a video of Kadyrov walking on the street posted just now.  He's doing his best to look alive, but it doesn't look very convincing.  I think a lot of doctors would already sign a death certificate at this stage.

jimmy olsen

I can understand why they would want to do this, but there must be more valuable targets for this ordinance within Russia. Arms/munitions factories, refineries, fuel/ammo depots, etc.
https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1703563705768648827

QuotePresident Zelensky appeared on the famous "60 Minutes" show Sunday night and issued this warning to the enemy: if UA infrastructure is attacked this fall/winter leaving citizens in the dark and cold, UA Forces will immediately respond in kind.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Russian strategy seems to be to make Ukraine defend everything, not just the obvious military targets.  By having to defend everything Ukraine can't defend that many targets with all their capacity.

Crazy_Ivan80

Ukraine is ramping up drone production massively though.

Legbiter

Aftermath of the strike on that kilo sub.

Looks hard to buff out.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

HVC

Ukraine fired more defence ministers today. Not clear why. Corruption?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Legbiter

They were all deputies of the outgoing minister. New guy wants to bring in his own?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

New Russian military recruitment ad lays bare Russia's military aims in the war - conquest.

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703785785026060363
(with english subtitles)

Two soldiers seen in the trenches.  One talks about wanting to buy an apartment in Kiyev after the war is over.  His friend would prefer to buy in Odesa.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2023, 01:03:14 PMNew Russian military recruitment ad lays bare Russia's military aims in the war - conquest.

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1703785785026060363
(with english subtitles)

Two soldiers seen in the trenches.  One talks about wanting to buy an apartment in Kiyev after the war is over.  His friend would prefer to buy in Odesa.

Wow.

1: the whole thing looks like a Hollywood version of WW1. Of course the actual war is a trench based cross of WW1 and the digital age. But curious to see the Russian media acknowledging it like this.
2: Admitting the family links with the relative in Kyiv. Hmm. Again curious and shines a light on the bs. Though I guess they figure it also supports their propeganda of liberation and the two countries naturally being one.
3: Fascinating that these Russian grunts can only dream of buying flats in Ukrainian cities.... No lovely farms in the countryside or mansions? And why are they so eager to move to Ukraine? Acknowledgment it's a better country?
4: they're buying the flats too. I will fight and risk my life to pay fair market value for a 2 bedroom apartment!
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

I think you're missing the obvious point that this is a colonial war, which has been openly acknowledged in russia since the very beginning. It really shows the kremlin's utter contempt for their western useful idiots, still going on about NATO expansion, jew/nazis/gays in Ukraine, the Maidan "coup", tHe SlAuGhTeR of DoNbAs ChilDrEN!!! etc etc.