Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Legbiter on August 04, 2023, 03:05:23 AMUkrainians blowing up the Black Sea fleet overnight with naval drones at Novorossysk.  :nelson:

We all live in a yellow drone submarine...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Legbiter on August 04, 2023, 03:05:23 AMUkrainians blowing up the Black Sea fleet overnight with naval drones at Novorossysk.  :nelson:

One warship was damaged according to reporting in the Globe and the Times.  Two naval drones were used in that attack.  Air drones were used in an attack on another Russian port but its unclear if they reached their target.

celedhring

Sorta love that millennia later, fireships are still a feature in naval warfare.

Zoupa

I would like to formally apologize for making fun of Incan torpedo boats all these years ago.

Another ship was hit lol.

mongers

Quote from: Zoupa on August 05, 2023, 12:17:38 AMI would like to formally apologize for making fun of Incan torpedo boats all these years ago.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Iormlund

Quote from: Zoupa on August 05, 2023, 12:17:38 AMI would like to formally apologize for making fun of Incan torpedo boats all these years ago.

:lol:

Threviel

Apparently Ukraine has warned that ships going to Russian ports in the Black Sea are in a war zone.

Is going to have effects on insurance costs for transports to Russia.

Jacob

Russia is apparently running a social media campaign in Kazakhstan, trying to recruit citizens of that country for the war in Ukraine.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Jacob on August 05, 2023, 07:49:04 PMRussia is apparently running a social media campaign in Kazakhstan, trying to recruit citizens of that country for the war in Ukraine.

How's that working out for them?

The Minsky Moment

So far just Borat and some superior potassium, but it's still early.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 06, 2023, 01:56:22 AMHow's that working out for them?

The reporting I saw focused on how it's a sign of weakness and annoying their Kazakh friends... but I couldn't say.

Josquius

Apparently the bridgehead near Kherson which seemed to be just a holding action has progressed significantly and they now hold a few km on the east bank of the Dnieper.

Quote from: Jacob on August 05, 2023, 07:49:04 PMRussia is apparently running a social media campaign in Kazakhstan, trying to recruit citizens of that country for the war in Ukraine.

Preaching patriotism to kill off some of the Russian minority keeping Kazakhstan tied to Russia?
Or promise a new donkey to some of the poorest of the poor?
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

I think they're offering the equivalent of a few thousand dollars as a signing bonus.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.