Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Are we into visible future  demographic ripple numbers with the casualty count yet?
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on July 21, 2023, 07:52:34 AMAre we into visible future  demographic ripple numbers with the casualty county yet?

If you also take the Russians that fled into account, there might already be a noticeable dip and accompanying knock-on effects that can be speculated about.

Crazy_Ivan80

Apparently Igor Girkin got arrested?

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on July 21, 2023, 07:52:34 AMAre we into visible future  demographic ripple numbers with the casualty count yet?

Yeah I think the young men who fled the country to avoid conscription are going to have a bigger impact ultimately...but we will see how long this thing goes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 21, 2023, 12:36:09 PMApparently Igor Girkin got arrested?

By the Russians or by some sort of Ukrainian or international justice organization?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on July 21, 2023, 02:46:27 PMBy the Russians or by some sort of Ukrainian or international justice organization?
By the Russians - as did some bigwig and Girkin ally in Donetsk who protested it and when that was announced the crowd started shouting "shame".

I imagine it'll be noticed the fate of Girkin v Prigozhin (given their disagreements) and the importance of having your own forces/leverage. Probably not good for stability in Russia and it feels like another sign of the walls starting to close in.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah, time to arm your militias if you want to have a chance.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on July 20, 2023, 02:26:55 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 20, 2023, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Jacob on July 20, 2023, 01:20:24 PMMaybe Turkey can get some Gripen from Sweden?
From a Coran-burning country? :yeahright:
That might not go so well. :wacko:

That was the joke  :)
Ah.  I thought you might have been out of touch with recent events.  My bad. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 21, 2023, 12:36:09 PMApparently Igor Girkin got arrested?

Yes, yesterday. He had criticized and even insulted Putin pretty sharply lately, so may be a consequence of that. Also, he's probably one of the people who know the truth about the events of 2014, so Putin is grabbing him to keep control.

DGuller

Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2023, 01:52:03 AM

Yes, yesterday. He had criticized and even insulted Putin pretty sharply lately, so may be a consequence of that. Also, he's probably one of the people who know the truth about the events of 2014, so Putin is grabbing him to keep control.

That's like Hitler in 1944 rounding up the people involved in the radio station attack plot to tie up the loose ends.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on July 22, 2023, 03:06:14 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on July 22, 2023, 01:52:03 AM

That's like Hitler in 1944 rounding up the people involved in the radio station attack plot to tie up the loose ends.

Well, neither Hitler nor Putin displayed any deep mental capacity... :D

mongers

One arena where Russia and Ukraine are quite competitive is in propaganda images and videos, real world is somewhat different.

Still from the propaganda video about the Russian black sea exercises.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

One Russian war propagandist went to the frontline to find out more about the use of cluster munitions.  He found out in the most direct way possible that they are indeed used by Ukraine and are quite deadly.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.