Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on July 08, 2023, 11:43:38 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 08, 2023, 07:11:32 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 08, 2023, 06:54:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on July 07, 2023, 07:50:33 AMWeird - The Al Yankovic Story. A faithful, honest, serious look at the troubled life of the eponymous artist. -_-

Disappointing movie or what? Judging by the emoticon.

It was what I expected and more.

I want to see that movie.

But on fucking Roku?  I don't even know how to get that.

It's a streaming device. You can get it from Amazon for like 40 bucks or so. Hook it up to your TV. you don't have to subscribe to anything, to watch that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

It seems I watch a Witcher episode every few months. Finally watched S1E3. I find it a bit annoying that they work on different timelines.

It's been a while since I read the original short story with the Striga (though I remember the intro scene from the first Witcher game covering it quite well). The show made it look a lot more like Dark Souls or (more accurately) Bloodborne (not helped by Yennefer's transformation) than I seem to recall, though. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Latest It's Always Sunny wasn't awful, but it wasn't the best. Last week's with Malcom in the mIddle was great though.

PDH!

Syt

First two episodes of Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators.

As kids we watched the show (it was usually on Saturday afternoon in Germany IIRC); we weren't exactly invested in it, but it was cool, mindless fun to watch that you could tune in and out of quite easily. And even before clicking play on that first episode I had the opening theme in my head again. :D

Nostalgia trip to the 80s so far, and reminiscing on how messed up things were (i.e. you wouldn't be able to produce a show like that today).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

The next GREAT HISTORIC EPIC cinema experience:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Not gonna lie, this looks good. Though the music is jarring. Also, how long is that movie - they seem to cram A LOT into it. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2023, 10:30:14 AMNot gonna lie, this looks good. Though the music is jarring. Also, how long is that movie - they seem to cram A LOT into it. :unsure:

3 hours, 10 minutes. Gonna need to bring my piss jug to the theater.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

I want to watch it but I'll have to wait until it appears on Apple TV. Can't justify being out an entire afternoon for this movie.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

It seems to cover his entire rise and reign 'till Waterloo? Seems a lot for a 3-hour movie. But it looks amazing.

Josquius

Finished Last of Us. Aye. It's good.
The big stand out question I have though is, spoilers....
why at the University do the cannibals attack them with melee weapons when we see later they clearly have plenty of guns
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on July 10, 2023, 12:19:54 PMFinished Last of Us. Aye. It's good.
The big stand out question I have though is, spoilers....

I think the answer is that they were raiders, and only the equivalent of the Pretorian Guard got the guns

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2023, 10:44:23 AM3 hours, 10 minutes. Gonna need to bring my piss jug to the theater.
Too short. It should be 4 hours plus with an intermission.

Also :o :mmm: :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2023, 11:04:46 AMI want to watch it but I'll have to wait until it appears on Apple TV. Can't justify being out an entire afternoon for this movie.

:huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 10, 2023, 01:37:42 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 10, 2023, 10:44:23 AM3 hours, 10 minutes. Gonna need to bring my piss jug to the theater.
Too short. It should be 4 hours plus with an intermission.

Also :o :mmm: :w00t:

:yes:

We will need to wait for the director's cut