Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on June 25, 2023, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 24, 2023, 05:46:53 PMIf this happened in a Paradox game, players would scream for a patch

The player clearly reloaded as Wagner, white peaced, then switched back to Russia.

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

So in short:

Prigozhin gets his merry band of mercenary rebels to launch a coup. Marches to Moscow, captures cities. Putin threatens bad shit to anyone involved. Wagner rebels decide to stop. Prigozhin gets free pass. Putin allows rebellious mercenaries to sign contracts with Russian army.

:hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

I guess it does show to anyone who might be interested that a coup is easy
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on June 25, 2023, 05:31:44 AMI guess it does show to anyone who might be interested that a coup is easy
yeah and it definitely shows that if you are an oligarch hoping to maintain or gain some level of agency over your own faith, you need a private army.

frunk

I think inside 5 years Russia either completely change its leadership or stops being a single recognizable entity.

mongers

Quote from: frunk on June 25, 2023, 06:50:50 AMI think inside 5 years Russia either completely change its leadership or stops being a single recognizable entity.

Very likely 'choose', though I'd add Ukraine puppets Russia as a third option.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

It's just curious to know what P's endgame was. He couldn't expect to topple Putin with a 50k strong army? Was he just drunk on Friday and decided to have fun? He's pretty much out a target on his back and lost control over Wagner
Civis Romanus Sum

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on June 25, 2023, 08:30:37 AMIt's just curious to know what P's endgame was. He couldn't expect to topple Putin with a 50k strong army? Was he just drunk on Friday and decided to have fun? He's pretty much out a target on his back and lost control over Wagner

It's probably still better than the alternative.

Legbiter

Maybe he got wind of his imminent purge and had to act fast. Not enough forces defected to his side so he folded his hand. But the embers are still there... :hmm:

Wagner is gone as an experienced fighting force at least.

This also put a dent in Putin's deluded strategy of outsuffering the West because there will be no domestic consequences for him in doing so.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josephus on June 25, 2023, 08:30:37 AMIt's just curious to know what P's endgame was. He couldn't expect to topple Putin with a 50k strong army? Was he just drunk on Friday and decided to have fun? He's pretty much out a target on his back and lost control over Wagner

depends on how much Russia had in reserve and to what extent the regulars would switch sides, I guess. That and speed.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on June 25, 2023, 08:37:05 AMMaybe he got wind of his imminent purge and had to act fast. Not enough forces defected to his side so he folded his hand. But the embers are still there... :hmm:

Wagner is gone as an experienced fighting force at least.

This also put a dent in Putin's deluded strategy of outsuffering the West because there will be no domestic consequences for him in doing so.

Probably spot on.

Tamas

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Hamilcar