Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Yeah there about. His 2 buddies that got sprayed as well were a bit back but not by much.

The second RPG shot at the beginning took out that Russian BTR. Also I think they were overshot by an incoming RPG or something around the 5 minute mark.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Legbiter

It's all over social media, Svatove trench fight.

Tamas

That's some incredible stuff. Camera guy has massive brass balls.

Sheilbh

So I was wrong - Biden did pop into Kyiv. Pretty extraordinary footage of him walking with Zelenskiy while air raid sirens go off. Can't think of another example of a President in a city with this type of war going on, so good on him.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Trump certainly wouldn't have gone any closer than London.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on February 20, 2023, 05:33:41 AMTrump certainly wouldn't have gone any closer than London.

Nonsense, he'd gone straight to Moscow.

Sheilbh

On Biden I thought this was interesting. Obviously I disagree with the framing but I think the point is fair - also makes me think of that RUSI piece's suggestiong that the people most politically engaged in supporting the war (the "Ura-patriots") are possibly the biggest risk for the regime as most likely to be disappointed by failure:
QuoteBut some Russian pro-war commentators on Telegram used Biden's visit as an opportunity to launch a careful attack on Putin for failing to visit the warzone.

"Look, there are two grandpas," wrote Zastavny, a pro-war Russian blog with more than 110,000 subscribers:
QuoteOne of them is old, has all the signs of Alzheimer's, dementia, and nighttime urination, the whole world makes fun of him. The other grandpa looks very good, has a spring in his step, speaks well, thinks clearly, and has the widely accepted reputation of a strong and brave leader.

But only one of [the leaders] has actually come to Kyiv. And the other one [Putin] didn't go to Donetsk, he still hasn't gone.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

As someone on the internet said "Biden has now spent more time in Kyiv than the Russian military has."

Maladict

Quote from: Legbiter on February 19, 2023, 06:23:37 PMBoth survived. The way he kept pulling out stuff I half-expected him to pull out a large cartoon mallet there at the end.

Is it normal for soldiers to have a caddie?

Maladict

Quote from: Jacob on February 20, 2023, 01:32:40 PMAs someone on the internet said "Biden has now spent more time in Kyiv than the Russian military has."

He's been there since 1654?  :o

Legbiter

Quote from: Maladict on February 20, 2023, 02:27:44 PMIs it normal for soldiers to have a caddie?

:lol:

The squire had a touch of trench nerves.

If both of them had been standing up in that small foxhole they'd probably be dead because of the incoming RPG round at 4:55.  :hmm: Missed the camera guy by a whisker.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on February 20, 2023, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on February 19, 2023, 06:23:37 PMBoth survived. The way he kept pulling out stuff I half-expected him to pull out a large cartoon mallet there at the end.

Is it normal for soldiers to have a caddie?

It reminded me of this movie scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbcVa3Q16Y0

about the Finnish Winter War where a guy was just feeding this other soldier weapons and ammo while he shot down Soviet soldiers at long range.

So I guess it does happen? I thought it was kind of weird in that movie scene but here I am watching it play out in real life.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."