Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2022, 07:49:04 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on November 11, 2022, 06:53:23 AMYep, Ukrainian soldiers are entering Kherson city right now it seems.

Wow that's bloody cool, is it a significant municiple building or something in the outskirts/city suburbs?

IIRC it's the main administrative building of the city, so I guess it's at the center.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Sky News reporter on the outskirts of Kherson - I think this must be one of the first foreign news teams entering the city:
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1591358914255257602?s=20&t=E4sLkBpzD88TV72gY1x9KQ

Imagine we'll get a lot more videos like this in the next day or two of liberated people - as Barrister says, a type of video I never get tired of seeing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

That's no fucking nice.

Finally we're helping out in a war with people we can like.

Admiral Yi

Well, there were the Kurds.

Until we shit on them.

Sheilbh

Yeah he's in the press outfit when in a combat zone. But there's Ukrainian soldiers there and I assume the crowd thought he was one too :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

But I thought they had voted 90%+ to be part of Russia?  :hmm:

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2022, 09:05:44 AMThat's no fucking nice.

Finally we're helping out in a war with people we can like.

The Iraqis and Afghans did on the whole seem pretty happy at first. The good will was lost with the occupation.
Not at all comparable of course
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2022, 12:14:02 PMBut I thought they had voted 90%+ to be part of Russia?  :hmm:

People are allowed to change their minds.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on November 12, 2022, 06:03:18 PMThe Iraqis and Afghans did on the whole seem pretty happy at first. The good will was lost with the occupation.
Not at all comparable of course

There's more to it than just being happy to be liberated.  Massive numbers of people volunteering for the military.  They seem sincerely thankful for the weapons we're providing. 

Legbiter

Who told the Wagnerites it would be a good idea to release a clip of them executing a returning POW convict with a sledgehammer on social media?  :huh:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

I guess they believe that attempting to cultivate an air of terror and revulsion is the best way to improve internal cohesion (because they probably have no positive factors to lean on) and inspire fear in their opponents (because that's not happening through battlefield achievements).

Legbiter

Well they sure do things different in Mordor.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Seeing lots of videos of Ukrainian soldiers in Kherson today. Any truth to that? Did Ukraine take back the city?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."