Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 09, 2022, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 12:08:54 PMI kind of wonder if the Russians have inquired about negotiating a temporary ceasefire in order to allow for the withdrawal from Kherson.
The Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson said today: "Russia is ready for negotiations with Ukraine given current realities."
I'm sure Russia has always been ready to negotiate for the right terms.  We'll know they're serious when they drop their demands from unconditional surrender of Ukraine to conditional surrender of Ukraine.

Berkut

Zelensky should offer terms:

The Russian military will be allowed to leave all Ukrainian territory unmolested.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

My pet theory on the amazing Russian ambush set up in Kherson is they wanted to match the deception practiced by Ukraine when they said we will hit Kherson first then blitzed through Kharkov.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2022, 11:19:00 PMMy pet theory on the amazing Russian ambush set up in Kherson is they wanted to match the deception practiced by Ukraine when they said we will hit Kherson first then blitzed through Kharkov.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Legbiter

The Russians in Kherson will have to leave a lot of their heavy gear behind. All the exits are under direct Ukrainian artillery observation... :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

Quote from: Legbiter on November 10, 2022, 06:20:31 AMThe Russians in Kherson will have to leave a lot of their heavy gear behind. All the exits are under direct Ukrainian artillery observation... :hmm:
I'm not so confident there. Lots of footage of them stripping everything out of the city right down to theme park rides.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

No rail logistics are available for the Russian on the west bank of the Dnipro Jos. Yes portable loot like washing machines or Ukrainian children can be put on a truck and driven out but heavy artillery, tanks, etc has to be concentrated along with units... :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on November 09, 2022, 02:09:00 PMI don't think either side has the capability to cross the Dnipro River against an opposing force. The Soviets barely did in 1943 - and they had 2.5 million men.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Dnieper

No Ostwall this time however.  :P

celedhring

:lol:

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1590729203485356034

QuoteFrancis Scarr
@francis_scarr
Russian TV host Andrei Norkin's realisation that his country lacks freedom of speech:

If I back the decision to withdraw from Kherson, I'm going to jail for questioning Russia's territorial integrity

And if I oppose it, I'm going to jail for discrediting the armed forces

Russia is such a farcical country, shame it can inflict so much pain to its people and to others.

Legbiter

Quote from: celedhring on November 10, 2022, 10:51:22 AM:lol:

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1590729203485356034

QuoteFrancis Scarr
@francis_scarr
Russian TV host Andrei Norkin's realisation that his country lacks freedom of speech:

If I back the decision to withdraw from Kherson, I'm going to jail for questioning Russia's territorial integrity

And if I oppose it, I'm going to jail for discrediting the armed forces

Russia is such a farcical country, shame it can inflict so much pain to its people and to others.

Stage 4: Depression.

Barrister

We're getting a new round of videos of tearful Ukrainian villagers greeting AFU soldiers.

Never get tired of this genre. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Sounds like the Russians are having a really really bad time in Kherson right now...

Legbiter

Yep, Ukrainian soldiers are entering Kherson city right now it seems.

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on November 11, 2022, 06:53:23 AMYep, Ukrainian soldiers are entering Kherson city right now it seems.

Wow that's bloody cool, is it a significant municiple building or something in the outskirts/city suburbs?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Man, that picture is giving me a yurohardon.