News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on May 23, 2022, 11:38:12 AMThat fire- I only see the guy himself, a well known arse-talker you say, blaming criminals. Any evidence this actually was left wing terrorists?
There was no electricity in this sector, so you can't blame an electrical failure.
The thunder and lightning began at around 4:00am, while the barn was on fire as 2:15.
There are tire tracks backing up to the barn and leaving that do not correspond to any of the vehicles of the owner.
He regularly receives online threats on his FB page.  But they're just leftist blowing up steam, so it's totally ok. :)  It's not like anyone could tell them to calm down and have a respectful debate.  That's only something a right wing political leader should do, traditions are very important after all.  :wacko:

The police has ruled it as a criminal fire.  They are investigating, but since the cameras were offline due to a lack of electricity, it's doubtful they will ever catch the suspect.  Though Lambert says he has a pretty good idea who it is but will not name him, due to lack of concrete physical evidence.

Quote from: Josquius on May 23, 2022, 11:38:12 AMCompare and contrast this one anecdote which may or may not be the left with the countless examples of right wing terrorism and the modern left's usual harmlessness...
Just like the usual left wingers. :)  Always in denial of the truth.  An anecdote is a single isolated incident.  When it becomes a series of anecdote, it is a trend.

I've seen people here much, much more critical of a certain peaceful protest in downtown Ottawa where no one was harmed and no parliament was stormed and no fire was set anywhere but in a controlled area.

EDITED.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Grey Fox

Being a unwavering partisan of the status quo.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 24, 2022, 09:18:47 AMThe fuck are you on about?

Whenever I brought examples of leftist violence, you dismissed them as simple anecdotes int the past.  If you are willing to revise your statements and recognize leftist violence is a real problem in Quebec, that's something else.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 24, 2022, 09:36:19 AMBeing a unwavering partisan of the status quo.
Nah, I favor progress, unlike most of you guys, apparently. :(

Oexmelin

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:06:56 PMWhenever I brought examples of leftist violence, you dismissed them as simple anecdotes int the past.  If you are willing to revise your statements and recognize leftist violence is a real problem in Quebec, that's something else.

Thank you for abstaining from mentioning me, and ascribing whatever position you think I hold, in a conversation from which I have conspicuously refrained from participating in. Chances are really high that you have somehow clung to a misunderstood comment from years ago, twisted it into some unrecognizable caricature, in order to spin hay in favor of your favored exageration du jour, all in service of your usual refrain "left-is-bad-mkay".

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 24, 2022, 01:21:03 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:06:56 PMWhenever I brought examples of leftist violence, you dismissed them as simple anecdotes int the past.  If you are willing to revise your statements and recognize leftist violence is a real problem in Quebec, that's something else.

Thank you for abstaining from mentioning me, and ascribing whatever position you think I hold, in a conversation from which I have conspicuously refrained from participating in. Chances are really high that you have somehow clung to a misunderstood comment from years ago, twisted it into some unrecognizable caricature, in order to spin hay in favor of your favored exageration du jour, all in service of your usual refrain "left-is-bad-mkay".

Like I said, still ignoring the problem.  Oh well.  No big deal.  It's not like our society is renewing with political violence or anything.  It's only the right's problem.  Get back to sleep yall.

Jacob

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 24, 2022, 01:21:03 PMThank you for abstaining from mentioning me, and ascribing whatever position you think I hold, in a conversation from which I have conspicuously refrained from participating in. Chances are really high that you have somehow clung to a misunderstood comment from years ago, twisted it into some unrecognizable caricature, in order to spin hay in favor of your favored exageration du jour, all in service of your usual refrain "left-is-bad-mkay".

That's viper, yes.

Oexmelin

Je vais te l'écrire en français, pour que ce soit plus clair:

Indépendamment de ton habituelle tendance à déformer les propos et la pensée d'autrui, du strict point de vue de l'étiquette de la conversation, ce n'est pas particulièrement approprié d'évoquer dans un échange quelqu'un à qui tu attribues une position spécifique, alors même qu'il n'y a pas participé. Si tu veux me demander ce que je pense, demande-le moi. Mentionner, à d'autres, ce que tu crois que je pense à l'appui de tes propres arguments est de mauvais goût.

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:28:36 PM

Like I said, still ignoring the problem.  Oh well.  No big deal.  It's not like our society is renewing with political violence or anything.  It's only the right's problem.  Get back to sleep yall.
[/quote
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:28:36 PM

Still waiting on proof that "the left" burned down a sheephold lol.

You're really grasping at straws.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on May 24, 2022, 06:01:47 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:28:36 PMStill waiting on proof that "the left" burned down a sheephold lol.
Of course, it's obvious the criminal was a CAQ card carrying member.  A supporter of the Conservative Party too.  It's so obvious.  Why didn't I think about it?  In case of doubt, it's the right. :)  So stupid sometimes. :)  My apologies.  That shall not happen again on this board.  The left is pure and innocent, never in their life have they ever lied, burnt bombed or simply trashed something as innocent as a commerce or a pipeline or a butchery.  My bad. :)

viper37

Quote from: Oexmelin on May 24, 2022, 01:44:01 PMMentionner, à d'autres, ce que tu crois que je pense à l'appui de tes propres arguments est de mauvais goût.
Ça fait 20 ans qu'on en discute sur 3 forums différents...

Bon, ça va je vais éditer mon message original.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on May 24, 2022, 01:41:08 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on May 24, 2022, 01:21:03 PMThank you for abstaining from mentioning me, and ascribing whatever position you think I hold, in a conversation from which I have conspicuously refrained from participating in. Chances are really high that you have somehow clung to a misunderstood comment from years ago, twisted it into some unrecognizable caricature, in order to spin hay in favor of your favored exageration du jour, all in service of your usual refrain "left-is-bad-mkay".

That's viper, yes.
Hmm, let me see.  I joined Paradox forum around the year 2000-2001.  Well, it was after the Y2K bug craze and before 9/11.  Anyway.  Who here, in this forum wasn't originally on Paradox and just recently arrived?

EUOT + French OT + Village des Fous + Languish.  I think I'm beginning to know enough about some people when we rehash the same subjects, no?  Surely, you must not think of me as a potential communist?  Is anyone here naive enough to believe I would join Québec Solidaire or the NDP?  Of course not.  We kinda know one another.  We know I am right wing (fiscal conservative) and anti-leftist violence.  We know BB is a conservative.  We all know Josquius is on the left side of the political equation, more so than Grey Fox and Jacob, about on par with Zoupa, who has European origins too.  I still can't remember if Jacob was born in Canada or in Denmark, but I know his parents came from there and I know he has a clear preference for the left wing political options.

To pretend that after 21-22 years I do not know how someone with whom I have discussed/debated all these years is nearly insulting.  But fine, I'll take it if that pleases you, in the interest of keeping the usual Languish harmony. :)

I am sorry I mentioned Oex, I shouldn't have, but reading the thread I was reminded of past conversations, that is all.

I just wished politicians from the left would denounce the violence instead of accepting it when it comes from their side.  I profoundly dislike Éric Duhaime's political positions, but he got it right this time, on his Facebook page about the current trend of incidents.  Not sure he'd post the same if it wasn't one of his close acquaintance, but it's there, at least, and that can't be denied.  Meanwhile, on Gabriel Nadeau Dubois' page, nothing.  Nothing on Singh's page either.  It's like nothing happened at all. 

The left (except Singh himself) went all crazy when a bunch of people protested loudly against him.  All the left was railing about a life disturbing pacific protest in downtown Ottawa.  But a car get's burnt in someone driveway?  I've seen comments denouncing it here (thanks for that), but nothing from the politicos.  A barn was burnt, a clear act of political reprisal against a right winger (whom Josquius was quick to qualify as "arse-talker" as I mentioned he was right-wing (sigh) ) for his occasional political positions, and it's total silence.

It is the same whenever someone receives a beating from their union or competing union for not following "guidances", it is the same when commerce gets firebombed or otherwise vandalized in Montreal by the far left, it is always this disturbing silence.  But as soon as presumed right wingers do something disturbing, it is expected of all rightwing politicians to loudly speak against it.  Proofs aren't necessary, they are right wingers.  Far left anti-vax allies with far right anti-vax to peacefully occupy a city?  It's all the right's fault, it's sedition, it's treason, it's racism and nazism.  Even when far left activists gets arrested, it's all the right's fault.  Occupy Wall Street?  All fine.  Occupy WS in Montreal?  All fine too.  Illegal strikes that leads to people being violently expelled from their place of work? All fine.  A few constructions sites get torched?  It's all fine.  A Minister receive threats, recorded on her voice mail? All fine too.  

All this complacency leads to radicalization on both sides.  You can't see it because you are blind on one side.  I'd hate to see a populist be my next Prime Minister or even my next official opposition chief on any level.  Sadly, I don't see much difference between guys like Singh or Pierre Poilievre.  I know you don't see it, but it's there. Wake up before it's too late or we'll all regret it.  If only independence was a solution to all this US imported crazyness (sigh).

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on May 24, 2022, 06:01:47 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2022, 01:28:36 PMStill waiting on proof that "the left" burned down a sheephold lol.
Of course, it's obvious the criminal was a CAQ card carrying member.  A supporter of the Conservative Party too.  It's so obvious.  Why didn't I think about it?  In case of doubt, it's the right. :)  So stupid sometimes. :)  My apologies.  That shall not happen again on this board.  The left is pure and innocent, never in their life have they ever lied, burnt bombed or simply trashed something as innocent as a commerce or a pipeline or a butchery.  My bad. :)

Apparently asking for a little thing called evidence is a bridge too far for you.

Barrister

I find that trying to blame "the left" or "the right" for specific incidents is a endless rabbit hole to fall into.  Even worse is trying to assess "responsibility" to various political sides.

But surely it's not too much to ask for people to denounce crime no matter who commits it?  No matter even if they're on "your side"?  You don't have to accept personal responsibility - just say people are wrong to do it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.