Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I hope there was prize money for capturing enemy tanks.
Wonderful return to the age of sail.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 27, 2022, 11:32:24 AMWhat kind of TS player would Putin be?

His board position is terrible and he only has DEFCON suicide cards in hand.  <_<

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on April 27, 2022, 11:36:18 AMI hope there was prize money for capturing enemy tanks.
Wonderful return to the age of sail.

Don't know but the farmers don't have to pay taxes on the tanks captured.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2022, 11:33:54 AMUh... if this is true, then... that's quite something...

QuoteWell, I didn't see this coming: the vice-president of Gazprombank apparently left Russia, joined Ukraine's territorial defense forces, called the war an international crime and claimed that the recent death of former Gazprombank deputy president Vladislav Avayev was a murder.

https://twitter.com/NoYardstick/status/1519059715988328451

QuoteVolobuev said he was born in Ukraine and wants to protect his country. He called the war an "international crime" on the part of Putin and the Russian people.

Quote"It is not Putin who kills Ukrainians here, it is not Putin who steals toilet bowls, it is not Putin who rapes women. This is the Russian people. And I, even though I am Ukrainian by nationality, also bear responsibility for this. I am ashamed of it, I will repent for it all my life," he said.

Guess with the president done away with he saw his head next on the chopping block?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2022, 01:05:47 PMNice article about just how much intelligence the US has been sharing with Ukraine (and how it's increased over time).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/us-intel-helped-ukraine-protect-air-defenses-shoot-russian-plane-carry-rcna26015

I'm curious on the motivations in sharing this. Showing Russia "we can threaten too. Only we are able to act on ours."?
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on April 27, 2022, 03:10:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2022, 01:05:47 PMNice article about just how much intelligence the US has been sharing with Ukraine (and how it's increased over time).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/us-intel-helped-ukraine-protect-air-defenses-shoot-russian-plane-carry-rcna26015

I'm curious on the motivations in sharing this. Showing Russia "we can threaten too. Only we are able to act on ours."?

Let's start out with saying I don't know any more than you...

But I think it's to increase Putin's paranoia (plus re-assure Americans that the US is actually helping)?

It's been clear since the lead-up to the war that America has all kinds of intelligence coming from inside of Russia.  Back from when the Americans were announcing what each one of Putin's moves would be, to foiling the initial assault, right up to today and killing so many generals.  Putin has had many military and FSB generals arrested, yet the Russian leaks continue.  Hopefully that will cause Putin to continue to distrust his own advice and continue to make mistakes?

Zoupa

I'm no expert either but he can arrest all the folks he wants, I'm pretty sure the intelligence is gathered electronically and it's not human intelligence.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on April 27, 2022, 03:39:29 PMI'm no expert either but he can arrest all the folks he wants, I'm pretty sure the intelligence is gathered electronically and it's not human intelligence.

I'm pretty sure it's both.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2022, 03:41:02 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 27, 2022, 03:39:29 PMI'm no expert either but he can arrest all the folks he wants, I'm pretty sure the intelligence is gathered electronically and it's not human intelligence.

I'm pretty sure it's both.

Yeah, I expect so. Seems likely that it's possible to recruit humint in a system that's built on corruption.

Admiral Yi

Very nice.  I'm getting a patriotism boner from all the help the US has been dishing out..

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2022, 04:38:27 PMVery nice.  I'm getting a patriotism boner from all the help the US has been dishing out..

And full credit to the US on this from this non-American :ccr

viper37

Apparently, it's 6 high profile Russians who died since the beginning of the year, most of them since the invasion began

6 Russian oligarchs have died in alleged suicides since start of 2022 (msn.com)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 27, 2022, 05:11:25 PMApparently, it's 6 high profile Russians who died since the beginning of the year, most of them since the invasion began

6 Russian oligarchs have died in alleged suicides since start of 2022 (msn.com)

No doubt very upset with how the world is treating Putin, they just could not go on with such pain.