News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

A school shooting in southern Sweden left two school employees dead. A young man has been arrested.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

London not too long ago brought back an iconic bus design.

I hope Paris does the same.

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

If they do I hope they avoid the mistake of London's iconic reboot and have windows that you can open or people may die :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 21, 2022, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 19, 2022, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 17, 2022, 11:35:03 AMOh, do tell Grumbler, what evidence is there that wealth inequality is not increasing.  What evidence do you have that the pain staking analysis conducted by academics who have studied this is in fact wrong.

I don't believe that you will find any evidence that wealth inequality is not increasing.  Why do you think that you or I can find such evidence?  :hmm:

I also don't believe that you will find any evidence that the pain staking analysis conducted by academics who have studied this is in fact wrong.  Why do you think that you or I can find such evidence?  :hmm:

Grumbles, my whole point is that wealth inequality is increasing and that people like Yi who support the status quo throw up pedantic arguments which deflect from the real issue.

You intelligent enough to realize that fact - so I assume you are just being an ass. 

First Rule of Holes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 22, 2022, 10:07:26 AMIf they do I hope they avoid the mistake of London's iconic reboot and have windows that you can open or people may die :lol: :ph34r:

Current buses have windows that can open but only partially. :P

Sheilbh

Stanley Pignal (Economist's current Charlemagne) on the latest Rishi and Macron in hoodies:
QuoteStanley Pignal
@spignal
Another 40-something man who usually dresses like a 60-something man releases picture of himself dressed as a 40-something man.

Thing I find kind of interesting about this - and I'm not sure if it's a covid WFH thing (when Rishi did his first hoodie branding) or something else - is the way that casual clothese here are actually meant to signify that they're working really hard. There's something interesting going on there but I'm not sure what :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 22, 2022, 11:17:08 AMThing I find kind of interesting about this - and I'm not sure if it's a covid WFH thing (when Rishi did his first hoodie branding) or something else - is the way that casual clothese here are actually meant to signify that they're working really hard. There's something interesting going on there but I'm not sure what :hmm:

Notorious gerontophile trying to appear young again for electoral reasons. Move along, nihil novi sub sole.  :P

HVC

I'm cool, I'm hip, I wear a hoodie.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on March 22, 2022, 11:26:19 AMThe Zelenskyy effect.
Definitely with Macron - that's from one of his days working in the Elysee on the weekend on Ukraine. I saw one paper calling it a "wartime hoody" :lol:

Rishi was doing it during the first lockdown - I assume because it would just look weird when we were all WFH to be seen doing internal meetings/reading docs in a full suit. But I'm not sure.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on March 22, 2022, 11:26:19 AMThe Zelenskyy effect.

Comedian, actor, President, war hero, sex symbol, fashion icon. What's next? International Man of Mystery?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on March 22, 2022, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 21, 2022, 12:02:58 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 19, 2022, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 17, 2022, 11:35:03 AMOh, do tell Grumbler, what evidence is there that wealth inequality is not increasing.  What evidence do you have that the pain staking analysis conducted by academics who have studied this is in fact wrong.

I don't believe that you will find any evidence that wealth inequality is not increasing.  Why do you think that you or I can find such evidence?  :hmm:

I also don't believe that you will find any evidence that the pain staking analysis conducted by academics who have studied this is in fact wrong.  Why do you think that you or I can find such evidence?  :hmm:

Grumbles, my whole point is that wealth inequality is increasing and that people like Yi who support the status quo throw up pedantic arguments which deflect from the real issue.

You intelligent enough to realize that fact - so I assume you are just being an ass. 

First Rule of Holes.

Yeah, never jump into one Grumbler has begun digging.

merithyn

I bought an espresso machine today. :ph34r: I have zero idea how to use it.

Suggestions so I don't royally fuck it up? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Duque de Bragança

Read the booklet that came it. If not, find it on the web with the model reference.