Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on March 17, 2022, 04:14:08 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2022, 04:20:20 PMIf they have logistics issues invading Ukraine, wait until they try invading Alaska.

Can we get Russia to send their entire army to Alaska? Would really make everyone elsewhere in the world safer. :P

But think of the poor polar bears!  :cry:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on March 17, 2022, 06:01:04 AMSo if/when peace comes. Does Putin remain a pariah? Would Putin be invited to G20 meetings, climate change meetings and all that stuff? In other words, would it be back to normal?

I certainly hope it won't be business as usual. Biden has called Putin a war criminal, so hopefully there is at least some realization that Putin belongs out in the cold. But that hope may well turn out to be unfounded.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2022, 06:14:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 16, 2022, 04:20:20 PMIf they have logistics issues invading Ukraine, wait until they try invading Alaska.

Can we get Russia to send their entire army to Alaska? Would really make everyone elsewhere in the world safer. :P

But think of the poor polar bears!  :cry:

Palin is there to sort them all out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Russian soldiers: "Why do I hear boss music?"

Sheilbh

Reports that Lavrov trip to Beijing has been cancelled - apparently the plane was half way to Beijing when it turned around last night.

Unclear if true, and if it is whether called of by Putin or Beijing :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 06:54:55 AMReports that Lavrov trip to Beijing has been cancelled - apparently the plane was half way to Beijing when it turned around last night.

Maybe it ran out of fuel?  :hmm:

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 06:54:55 AMReports that Lavrov trip to Beijing has been cancelled - apparently the plane was half way to Beijing when it turned around last night.

Every now and then it gets a little bit lonely.

Tamas

According to Twitter people, several Russian Airforce Tu-154 "VIP" planes left Moscow at about the same time, heading to various Eastern directions, while -allegedly- a bunch of private jets left toward Dubai

Sheilbh

I wonder how much of that is folks with Miami villas discovering they're fifth columnists in need of purification?
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Also interesting, Uzbekistan condemns military action and confirms their view on the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine:
https://twitter.com/tumarov/status/1504373168575766533?s=21

Possibly another straw in the wind on Chinese views given Sino-Russian competition in Central Asia? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 07:37:48 AMI wonder how much of that is folks with Miami villas discovering they're fifth columnists in need of purification?

It must be a tough call. They have all that wealth across the border to retreat into... but there's plenty of evidence you'll still be found and killed. So stay and hope you won't be purged if you debase yourself enough to Putin, or flee and risk branded a traitor and novichoked?

Syt

Ukrainian military claims to have destroyed the command post for the 35th Army (from the Far East) with artillery attacks. Nice if true, but probably good to wait for confirmation (such as is possible).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 07:41:58 AMAlso interesting, Uzbekistan condemns military action and confirms their view on the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine:

Possibly another straw in the wind on Chinese views given Sino-Russian competition in Central Asia? :hmm:

Where does Uzbekistan usually sit?
It's the one that doesn't like Kazakhstan right? - Kazakhstan being the one most a Russian puppet. Could explain it.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 07:41:58 AMAlso interesting, Uzbekistan condemns military action and confirms their view on the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine:

I am starting to become optimistic on China reading the military situation and leaving Putin to hang in the wind.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on March 17, 2022, 09:09:04 AM

I am starting to become optimistic on China reading the military situation and leaving Putin to hang in the wind.

I do suspect at the least they will threaten this without Russia paying them well.
██████
██████
██████