News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: mongers on October 16, 2023, 05:02:22 PMLikely Islamist terrorist attack in Brussels kills 2 Swedish people, probably football fans there for the Euro qualifier that's now been abandoned.

Tunesian, illegal, known criminal (human trafficking), still on the run.

Just on the news: there's a chance they shot the swine

Duque de Bragança

Confirmed now, suspect died from wounds by Belgian police:

Brussels shooting: Police shoot dead attacker who killed Swedes

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67131128

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 17, 2023, 03:36:15 AMConfirmed now, suspect died from wounds by Belgian police:

Guy got 100s if not 1000s of likes on his Facebook too. Generally people with diverse names.
Shouldn't be too hard to find those living in the country and doing what needs to be done.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 18, 2023, 05:22:32 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 17, 2023, 03:36:15 AMConfirmed now, suspect died from wounds by Belgian police:

Guy got 100s if not 1000s of likes on his Facebook too. Generally people with diverse names.
Shouldn't be too hard to find those living in the country and doing what needs to be done.

Would be wonderful if they are dumb enough to use their real details and volunteer themselves for a watch list like so.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on October 18, 2023, 05:45:27 AM

Would be wonderful if they are dumb enough to use their real details and volunteer themselves for a watch list like so.

Too bad it's Belgium though. Bananakingdom at the heart of the eu

Anyway, threats have been made against multiple European airports. Nothing too serious apparently, but still. Next time might be worse

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on October 18, 2023, 05:45:27 AM

I am not sure who uses Facebook anymore but I assume that the people who are left don't know about such things.

Jacob

Is it possible that some of those likes are from bots and fake accounts used as part of social media influence campaigns?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2023, 09:06:08 AMI am not sure who uses Facebook anymore but I assume that the people who are left don't know about such things.
:rolleyes:
I use FB.  Most of my friends and family are on FB, it's a convenient tool to keep in touch.

As for people using their real names or not, it's irrevelant. FB logs your IP adress each time you login and keeps it forever.  All a police force has to do is ask nicely and FB will provide who is behind the IP.  (ok, they may require a warrant).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

OK, I know that old people use facebook  :D

Grey Fox

My nephew is a marketing influencer thingie and he has been on Instagram for years making a living. He recently turned on simultaneously posting on Facebook and he was so surprised at the many messages of where have you been from his family members. 😆
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on October 18, 2023, 11:33:17 AMIs it possible that some of those likes are from bots and fake accounts used as part of social media influence campaigns?

Maybe, or more realistically it's all real accounts and many of those people just hate our societies. As indicated by research done by Koopmans where the amount of fundamentalists is found to be quite high even at its lowest.
Remember that Brussel is jihad central in western Europe, that its political structures are rotten to the core and most of its politicians are either Muslims themselves or heavily pandering to the fundamentalist vote.

viper37

RCMP is investigating a possible terror attack in Chicoutimi (Saguenay) during Christmas time.

Now, where is it?  Because it's not exactly the kind of city that gets mostly spoken of in international circles when Quebec a d Canada are mentionned...  Look at the Gulf of St Lawrence, follow the river toward the Great Lakes.  Take a right toward the next big river (Saguenay river, coincidentally), sail up north keeping to your right.  Next river, Saguenay is there, born from the merger of Chicoutimi and Jonquière.

This as far north as I went personally, though my company had contracts on the other side of the big lake further up north.  Anyway, I digress.

So, as I was saying, terror attack.  A restaurant chef attacked 3 employees with a knife.  He posted his support for Hamas the night before and hinted that something would happen.  He claimed support for Hamas again before attacking the employees .

Use the translator:
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justice-et-faits-divers/2024-01-11/violente-agression-au-couteau-a-chicoutimi/la-piste-terroriste-envisagee.php

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Knife attack is Sidney, 6 dead.
Link

Suspect shot dead by a police officer

Josquius

I heard not a terrorist just a nutter?
Sad though. Even stabbed a baby.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on April 13, 2024, 03:14:40 PMI heard not a terrorist just a nutter?
Sad though. Even stabbed a baby.
Local media said it was a terrorist attack, but I t might have changed during the day with more info.