News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 07, 2022, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on December 07, 2022, 02:35:37 PMIs that the grandma who wants to bring back the Kaiser?

That's their proposed Kaiser, I believe.

Pickelhaubes for everyone!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

We have pickelhaubes in Sweden. So does Chile. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2022, 01:51:38 PMIf you ever want to do a deep dive into "sovereign citizen" legal theory (and it's complete debunkment) here's a lengthy ALberta court decision that regularly gets cited all over Canada that goes through each and every argument and explains why it's profoundly stupid.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

I couldn't make it through the table of contents.

I watch a lot of sovereign citizen videos.  I watched big chunks of the Darrell Brooks trial.  These guys seem to be batting 0 for a million yet they keep going.  What kind of mindset says I will pursue a legal strategy that has zero chance of succeeding?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2022, 08:04:13 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 07, 2022, 01:51:38 PMIf you ever want to do a deep dive into "sovereign citizen" legal theory (and it's complete debunkment) here's a lengthy ALberta court decision that regularly gets cited all over Canada that goes through each and every argument and explains why it's profoundly stupid.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

I couldn't make it through the table of contents.

I watch a lot of sovereign citizen videos.  I watched big chunks of the Darrell Brooks trial.  These guys seem to be batting 0 for a million yet they keep going.  What kind of mindset says I will pursue a legal strategy that has zero chance of succeeding?
Some day the people will rise up and the Statist Leftists will be brought to RUIN.  JFK Jr's return will be the beginning of the end of the corporation of United States.
PDH!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 07, 2022, 08:21:06 PMSome day the people will rise up and the Statist Leftists will be brought to RUIN.  JFK Jr's return will be the beginning of the end of the corporation of United States.

As I've mentioned before, Sovereign Citizens don't fit very cleanly into the left/right divide.  Granted, on the one hand you have the beardy white rural folks who fit the survivalist live free or die theme, but on the other hand if not half then at least a sizeable minority, and certainly disporportionate to their share of population, of the clips I see are of blacks mouthing the exact same sovereign citizen mumbo jumbo.  And that fits the racist fascist police theme.  The only difference is that some of the blacks call themselves Moorish Citizens.

Zanza

With the German Reichsbürgers it is clear: they are all right extremists.

Legbiter

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2022, 04:09:18 AMhttps://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63885028

QuoteGermany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup

Twenty-five people have been arrested in raids across Germany on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government.

German reports say the group of far-right and ex-military figures planned to storm the parliament building, the Reichstag, and seize power.

A German man referred to as a prince called Heinrich XIII, 71, is alleged to have been central to their plans.

Who is this dude and what is his lineage? Are there no spare Hohenzollern lying around for doomed pensioner romantics to rally around?  :hmm:  :(
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Future emperor of the German Reich. :hmm: Not with that tie knot I think.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2022, 08:04:13 PMI couldn't make it through the table of contents.

The mindset that says "I am infinitely more intelligent than these legal buffoons, and the others who tried this strategy failed because they were not nearly as smart as I am."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

Quote from: Legbiter on December 08, 2022, 07:42:46 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2022, 04:09:18 AMhttps://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63885028

QuoteGermany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup

Twenty-five people have been arrested in raids across Germany on suspicion of plotting to overthrow the government.

German reports say the group of far-right and ex-military figures planned to storm the parliament building, the Reichstag, and seize power.

A German man referred to as a prince called Heinrich XIII, 71, is alleged to have been central to their plans.

Who is this dude and what is his lineage? Are there no spare Hohenzollern lying around for doomed pensioner romantics to rally around?  :hmm:  :(
The current Hohenzollern pretender is suing the government because he wants certain pieces of art as well as Cecilienhof castle in Potsdam back. These were seized under the occupation authority by the Red Army in 1945.

Supposedly he is in favor of the republic though...

The Brain

Is he actually a pretender if he favors the republic? He doesn't claim the throne does he?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

I'm rather impressed a 75 year old pensioner can display enough will to power to become a ringleader in an armed coup plot in a modern Western European state.

Valmy

Heinrich XIII? Of what? The news says Heinrich XIII of Reuss, but that guy died in 1817.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_XIII,_Prince_Reuss_of_Greiz

Damn German Royals are so complicated.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Oh ok here he is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Reuss

Well he sounds like a nut and I don't see that he has any claim to any German throne.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Both Reuss lines seem to have named all males Heinrich, e.g. a Heinrich LXVII ruled one of those principalities in the 19th century. Every century, they restarted at I.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_LXVII,_Prince_Reuss_Younger_Line