News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, the New York Times spoke with the head of the Reuss family and mentioned all males of the line are named Heinrich. The head of the family noted that this guy involved in the extremist plot is 17th in line to head the house, so he would not even be the head of his family's old principality if it were reinstituted, let alone head of the entire Reich.

OttoVonBismarck

It does make one wonder if the French and Russians had the right idea of trying to kill these sorts off when they overthrew them.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 11, 2022, 03:37:09 PMYeah, the New York Times spoke with the head of the Reuss family and mentioned all males of the line are named Heinrich. The head of the family noted that this guy involved in the extremist plot is 17th in line to head the house, so he would not even be the head of his family's old principality if it were reinstituted, let alone head of the entire Reich.
There's an easy solution to that. :sleep:  :shutup:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2022, 03:27:20 PMOh ok here he is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Reuss

Well he sounds like a nut and I don't see that he has any claim to any German throne.
I'm not entirely convinced conspiracy theorists and far right nuts are that really attached to traditions and proper line of succession. 

Worst case scenario, declare the first 16 ones traitors, strip them of their titles and... voilà.  He his head of the family.  As for being head of State, heir to the German throne, it would not be the first time in the history of manking that someone illegitimate takes power in a country.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2022, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 11, 2022, 03:37:09 PMYeah, the New York Times spoke with the head of the Reuss family and mentioned all males of the line are named Heinrich. The head of the family noted that this guy involved in the extremist plot is 17th in line to head the house, so he would not even be the head of his family's old principality if it were reinstituted, let alone head of the entire Reich.
The amount this serious and alarming far-right coup plot overlaps with the plot of an Ealing comedy where all the characters are played by Alec Guinness is disconcerting.
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 11, 2022, 04:31:20 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2022, 04:19:06 PM
The amount this serious and alarming far-right coup plot overlaps with the plot of an Ealing comedy where all the characters are played by Alec Guinness is disconcerting.
True, we laugh about it because it didn't succeed and they were all arrested before they sprang into action.

But it could have been like Sao Tomé and Principe a few weeks ago.

OttoVonBismarck

I mean this plot is funny and stupid, but I'll remind that these guys were stockpiling weapons and training with them--it very easily could have turned into something really bad.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 11, 2022, 07:32:00 PMI mean this plot is funny and stupid, but I'll remind that these guys were stockpiling weapons and training with them--it very easily could have turned into something really bad.
Like I said, Sao Tomé and Principe was a good scare and similarly involved a former member of the parliament.

Zanza

They had an active special forces soldier in their ranks as well, which is rather more dangerous.

The Larch

Apparently one of the detainees is David Alaba's father in law, who is a famous chef in Germany. It's as if Gordon Ramsay was trying to overthrow the British Monarchy.

Solmyr

I wonder, would this sort of thing really work? I assume most of the people in Germany and the German army wouldn't recognize whatever new regime these guys tried to create. Let alone the rest of the EU.

The Brain

President Ye in the White House might recognize the new regime.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Never heard of the chef before. If he was actually famous, he would not be called Alaba's FIL, but have a claim to fame himself. So not really comparable to Gordon Ramsey.

That said, we had a fairly well-known vegan chef lose it and turn full conspiracy theorist / Nazi during the height of the pandemic. He got the nickname Avocadolf.

Zanza

Quote from: Solmyr on December 12, 2022, 12:38:52 PMI wonder, would this sort of thing really work? I assume most of the people in Germany and the German army wouldn't recognize whatever new regime these guys tried to create. Let alone the rest of the EU.

No, of course not. Germany has a fairly stable and resilient state and society.

OttoVonBismarck