News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2022, 04:41:39 PMIt never left us.

Amen.

The classic 70s jean look is low on the hips and saggy in the ass.

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on November 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PMI hear its back. Teh yoof regard skinny jeans as a lame outdated millennial thing.

The olds go from whining the pants are too tight to whining they are too baggy.

No matter what the kids do the olds complain and want them off their lawns.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 13, 2022, 09:11:53 PM
Quote from: Josquius on November 13, 2022, 02:16:36 PMI hear its back. Teh yoof regard skinny jeans as a lame outdated millennial thing.

Actually, it is the youngs who go from whining that pants are too loose to whining that they are too tight.

No matter what the kids do the next cohort will say that they have goofy dress sense and want them off their tiktok feeds.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Hey, which side are you on?  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

I don't know about anyone else's kids, but my kids hate wearing jeans period.

They'd much prefer to wear some kind of athletic pants.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2022, 03:08:49 PM

My younger son does as well. But this being a hot place jeans are only really a thing kids are even considering wearing from October to May anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on November 16, 2022, 03:08:49 PMI don't know about anyone else's kids, but my kids hate wearing jeans period.

The Justin Bieber look is huge down here too.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on November 10, 2022, 01:18:48 PM
Quote from: Josquius on November 10, 2022, 09:55:36 AMYes! 
They should most definitely do this.
I hope many more Texans think the same way.

They're in Missouri at the moment.
That's rough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Here the way it always was when I was a kid and seems to hold up today is that functional youths of various sorts wear jeans whilst charvas stick to trackie bottoms all the time.

Completely expect this to be something that doesn't translate across the Atlantic - like bad kids listening to good music over there rather than club trash.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Yup, I didn't start wearing jeans regularly until I was 12 or 13. Funnily enough since then I haven't looked back.

Eddie Teach

Too hard to get a decent ball scratching in jeans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

High waisted jeans are dreadful. As are low-rise. Be glad you don't have to deal with the constant swinging between the two extremes in men's jeans fashion. Also: real pockets are definitely not overrated.  :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

My daughter will have a uniform for school next year. She will have to wear pants every day. It's going to be quite the shock for her.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2022, 09:16:01 PMMy daughter will have a uniform for school next year. She will have to wear pants every day. It's going to be quite the shock for her.

Private school? Catholic school? Something else?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2022, 10:58:52 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2022, 09:16:01 PMMy daughter will have a uniform for school next year. She will have to wear pants every day. It's going to be quite the shock for her.

Private school? Catholic school? Something else?

Regular francophone public school. Most of our secondary schools have uniforms nowadays. Not sure when it started. I went to that school and we didn't have uniforms.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.