News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

So, people online have suggested that the previous episode title "The Spies" was again a biblical reference - before the Israelites returned to their homeland from Egypt they apparently sent out spies to check out the enemies who had settled there in the meantime.

Seems fitting, but I wonder how many watchers would have gotten that. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Can we just put the spoiler warning in the  title and dispense with the white text?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 22, 2023, 12:44:45 AMCan we just put the spoiler warning in the  title and dispense with the white text?
I'd be ok to do away with the white text 24hrs after the episode is aired.
It's just Syt's fault :P for posting during the day (my time zone), here and in Trek's thread as soon as the episode is released.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jacob

Personally I prefer at least a week's grace for spoilers. Not everyone watches everything the moment it comes out. And I definitely appreciate the use of spoiler text in general.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jacob on April 23, 2023, 10:34:14 AMPersonally I prefer at least a week's grace for spoilers. Not everyone watches everything the moment it comes out. And I definitely appreciate the use of spoiler text in general.

This is the way.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on April 23, 2023, 10:34:14 AMPersonally I prefer at least a week's grace for spoilers. Not everyone watches everything the moment it comes out. And I definitely appreciate the use of spoiler text in general.
It's a reasonable request.  I didn't want to be a burden on anyone, but if I'm not alone... :) :hug:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

chipwich

I was hoping the Darksaber issue would get resolved by marriage  :wub:

Jacob

Quote from: chipwich on April 23, 2023, 08:52:26 PMI was hoping the Darksaber issue would get resolved by marriage  :wub:

:lol:

Typical CK3 player move.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2023, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2023, 12:57:29 AMTake for example the revelation that a Mandalorian armour fragment was found in the prison ship the big baddy escaped from.  That story line was completely ignored.
I was going to say that.  They went nowhere with that.  Sure, that information could have gotten back to the New Republic, but only after Dinn left Mandalore, once Gideon was defeated.

Curious, how did my post end up as a Syt quote? 

crazy canuck

Quote from: chipwich on April 23, 2023, 08:52:26 PMI was hoping the Darksaber issue would get resolved by marriage  :wub:

Love is a battlefield

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2023, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2023, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2023, 12:57:29 AMTake for example the revelation that a Mandalorian armour fragment was found in the prison ship the big baddy escaped from.  That story line was completely ignored.
I was going to say that.  They went nowhere with that.  Sure, that information could have gotten back to the New Republic, but only after Dinn left Mandalore, once Gideon was defeated.

Curious, how did my post end up as a Syt quote? 
Ah, I must have been quoting you after I quoted Syt and made a mistake in the edit instead of starting over.

viper37

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould