News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I finished andor.
It's a very good show.

I've got Bobba Fett and Mandalorian s3 to watch at some point. I've heard bad things. Witcher s2 and 3 bad
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

You can skip those. Boba Fett was terrible, I think I gave up after 2 episodes. Mando season 3 was pretty bad too.

Grey Fox

Ashoka is out. My son and I watched the first episode. My fanboyism for Rebels is no secret and I wasn't disappointed.

It dawned on me that Ezra was born on day 1 of the Empire and was presumed dead on the last of day it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Didn't like the first episode too much, but I'm willing to cut it some slack because it's hard to nail an episode 1 with all the introduction work and such. Second was more fun.

Ray Stevenson has such a screen presence. I feel that he should have had a better career than he had. What a tragedy  :(

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 23, 2023, 09:54:20 PMAshoka is out. My son and I watched the first episode. My fanboyism for Rebels is no secret and I wasn't disappointed.

It dawned on me that Ezra was born on day 1 of the Empire and was presumed dead on the last of day it.

The Rebels series finale takes place several years before the fall of the Empire.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2023, 05:04:32 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 23, 2023, 09:54:20 PMAshoka is out. My son and I watched the first episode. My fanboyism for Rebels is no secret and I wasn't disappointed.

The Rebels series finale takes place several years before the fall of the Empire.

:mad:  :(

Habbaku

Quote from: Zoupa on August 23, 2023, 03:09:55 PMYou can skip those. Boba Fett was terrible, I think I gave up after 2 episodes. Mando season 3 was pretty bad too.

:yes: Absolute trash.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2023, 04:12:49 AMDidn't like the first episode too much, but I'm willing to cut it some slack because it's hard to nail an episode 1 with all the introduction work and such. Second was more fun.

Ray Stevenson has such a screen presence. I feel that he should have had a better career than he had. What a tragedy  :(

The first two were...okay? Ray Stevenson and his apprentice are the most interesting things happening.

The direction for most of the dialogue scenes is pretty rough. Did they deliberately tell them to avoid doing more than blandly delivering their lines?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 24, 2023, 05:28:42 AM
Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2023, 05:04:32 AM

:mad:  :(
Just before ANH, IIRC.

I like the series so far.

The actress playing Sabin Wren is so good.  I'm really seeing an older Sabine on screen.  The same character I saw on rebels.  The same manners, the same voice, the same tone.

Rosario Dawson is obviously an excellent Ahsoka.  She trained a lot for the fight choregraphy and it shows.  She's not the Snips of Clone Wars, but she's the elder Jedi general of Rebels.

I guess Rex has died of old age by now.  Too bad.  :(

Not so sure about Mary Elizabeth Winstead's portrayal of Hera Syndulla.  It doesn't look or sound like the character in Rebels.  A little too stiff.

But I really like the series so far.  Ray Stevenson is great as a Sith with his own agenda, quietely bidding his time.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on August 24, 2023, 08:33:37 AMThe direction for most of the dialogue scenes is pretty rough. Did they deliberately tell them to avoid doing more than blandly delivering their lines?

The transition from anime to live-action is rough for Filoni.  The Sith, especially, don't have a lot of expression when delivering their lines.

Grey Fox

Hera's portrayal is weird, I agree. It's like they forgot to tell Winstead that her character use to be in a romantic relationship with a Jedi.

Oexmelin

maybe Hera needs something to motivate her that is

better than Ezra
Que le grand cric me croque !

FunkMonk

Quote from: Oexmelin on August 26, 2023, 08:26:19 PMmaybe Hera needs something to motivate her that is

better than Ezra

:shutup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Someone on Reddit made a fan art of Shin Hati.  Pretty impressive:
Source link