News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

It could either be Logan, or The Wolverine  :P

Habbaku

It says he's writing this one!  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on April 07, 2023, 03:47:14 PMIt's going to be a complete tire fire.
Only if it gets to be released.
So far, there's been half a dozen announced Star Wars movies that haven't seen the light of the day.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Oh, ye of little faith! Dumb and Dumber's trilogy is on the way any day now!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Screen Crush have a decent video about the Ahsoka trailer - primarily summarizing the events of the appearing characters from Clone Wars and Rebels (i.e. major spoilers for those shows if you haven't seen them):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Incidentally, I loved the music for the trailer, sounded like a trailerized version of Mike Richter's soundtracks. I presume there's no chance they are going with that for the show.

Syt

Btw, Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrawn in Ahsoka (he also voiced him in Rebels).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2023, 07:42:04 AMBtw, Lars Mikkelsen will play Thrawn in Ahsoka (he also voiced him in Rebels).

Yeah, just saw the announcement. Excellent choice, he was great in Rebels.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 08, 2023, 06:15:24 AMIncidentally, I loved the music for the trailer, sounded like a trailerized version of Mike Richter's soundtracks. I presume there's no chance they are going with that for the show.

Seems Kevin Kiner is going to do the soundtrack for Ahsoka - his work on S2 of Bad Batch (regardless of what you think of the Season itself) was stellar, so looking forward to this. :)
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2023, 09:11:22 AM
Quote from: celedhring on April 08, 2023, 06:15:24 AMIncidentally, I loved the music for the trailer, sounded like a trailerized version of Mike Richter's soundtracks. I presume there's no chance they are going with that for the show.

Seems Kevin Kiner is going to do the soundtrack for Ahsoka - his work on S2 of Bad Batch (regardless of what you think of the Season itself) was stellar, so looking forward to this. :)

I really need to pick up Bad Batch again. I was just bored halfway season 2 - but I've heard it improves later on.

Crazy_Ivan80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_Krltqpxc&ab_channel=Midnight%27sEdgeLiveArchives

make of it what you want but it's hardly news that the Star Wars brand has taken quite a few punches the last few years

celedhring

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 08, 2023, 11:14:25 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_Krltqpxc&ab_channel=Midnight%27sEdgeLiveArchives

make of it what you want but it's hardly news that the Star Wars brand has taken quite a few punches the last few years

Is it one of those channels were they believe diversity and political correctness has destroyed Star Wars instead of terrible scripts and aimless storytelling?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: celedhring on April 08, 2023, 11:30:13 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 08, 2023, 11:14:25 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP_Krltqpxc&ab_channel=Midnight%27sEdgeLiveArchives

Is it one of those channels were they believe diversity and political correctness has destroyed Star Wars instead of terrible scripts and aimless storytelling?

Have a look, decide for yourself.

as an aside:
maybe it should be considered that the terrible scrips and aimless storytelling are caused, among other things, by political correctness.